Stirling Albion v Stenhousemuir

A poor game between 2 poor teams brightened by 2 good goals by Ross Forsyth and Andy Stirling to earn the Albion a 3-2 win.

Skippy has a lot of work to do in the close season if we have any chance next season for promotion from League 2.

Thought the better of 2 poor teams won the 3 points today, however in the end the result was irrelevant.

Stenny huffed and puffed for the opening 20 minutes, but after that Stirling controlled the game.

It took 2 cracking strikes to bag the points and I would absolutely love it if the club could get another year out of Andy Stirling. He took a bit of stick off 1 or 2 of our supporters however I'm sure the majority appreciate what he brings to the team.

Andy Stirling needs to be more of a team player and release the ball to players in better positions. He has done this week after week and he needs to take one for the team. He didn't appreciate my summing up of the situation to him (I believe the phrase I used was "one greedy b*****d").

I was away helping to set up the supporters bar when he scored the winner, out at the bins recycling the glass in fact. I'm sure he was getting it right up me and a few others at the end. Hope he was disappointed few were left at the end of the stand.

In other news: that's £20 000 the supporters bar has raised for the club in four years, the latest £5k cheque being presented to the club yesterday. Maybe we should spunk the money on Andy Stirling so we can own him.

Rumours circulating yesterday that Chris Smith & Ross McMillan will be joining Stirling over the summer period.

I'd be sorry to see the pair of them go but it's probably the best thing the pair of them move on. Smith hasn't played at all this season (although that's more to do with his injury and Greg Fleming's good form) while McMillan's performances have diminished year-on-year. He hasn't had a great team around him to offer him the protection he deserves but he's made too many daft mistakes, often leading directly to goals (Saturday being a case in point). I'd be sorry to see the Boss leave as he's been a good player for us but I wouldn't be overly upset.

Boss I said yesterday would be Stirling bound with Kaiser there.

Chris Smith is an excellent keeper just could not get back in due to the form of Fleming.

Both would be tremendous signings for the bottom tier.

Archived