Stirling Albion v Stenhousemuir

Well its the end of an appalling season for the Albion on Saturday when we entertain Stenhousemuir at Forthbank.

Relegated to the basement with only 3 wins all season, 2 of which were against Stenhousemuir away and only 1 at home so far, so the big question is can we double our win total at home ?

From recent performances it does not look likely against a Stenhousemuir side who have to win and hope Ayr do not pick up anything at Forfar or they will find themselves in the League 2 playoffs to avoid going down to the basement with us.

Clearly the rebuilding work has begun at the Albion and it will be interesting to see the side Stuart McLaren puts out on Saturday.

Hope their is a decent travelling support from Stenhousemuir on Saturday in what will be an important game for them at Forthbank. All I am hoping for from the Albion is a decent performance and maybe with a bit of luck our 2nd home win of the season not another defeat to sent the home fans happy in the hope that next season will show a big improvement in the form of the club but I wouldn't bet on it.

Prediction Albion 1 Senhousemuir 1 :unsure:

Would say that Stenny have more pressure on them than Ayr for the simple fact that they are going into a game, all due respect to Stirling, that they are expected to win. Heres to hoping that Stirling pull one out the bag on the last day!

Got a terrible feeling we're going to "Stenny it" on Saturday. Since we've returned to the Second Division there's been a couple of occasions when we're required wins on the final day of the season to take us into the promotion play-offs and completely boobed (Stranraer in 2011-12; Forfar Athletic in 2012-13). And I do worry we're going to do the same thing again.

Stirling Albion have won three games this season, two of them against Stenhousemuir (the Warriors looked decent enough at Forthbank a good few months ago and actually won 4-0). They're down and they're out and they have nothing at all to play for and I do worry that our boys won't be able to handle that kind of pressure - there's a brittleness in this team that runs right through it. Over the last couple of months we've allowed two-goal leads to slip on three occasions and I do worry if Stirling get a goal first, or we lead and get pegged back, that we don't fold completely.

Still, as Beaver says above me, I'd rather be in this position than Ayr United's - they're taking on one of the best sides in the division who have it all to do.

Would say that Stenny have more pressure on them than Ayr for the simple fact that they are going into a game, all due respect to Stirling, that they are expected to win. Heres to hoping that Stirling pull one out the bag on the last day!

Agree with a lot of your comments, on form Stenny should win but you never know we might just pull the rabbit out of the hat and win this one, providing we can score first.

If Stenny score first then another defeat looks on the cards.

I would be amazed if a) we won this game and b) Ayr get nothing at Forfar.

The simple things never happen with the Wa Waz.

We will roast the play offs anyway will be a laugh watching the cloggers of the auld 3rd division trying to get near Flyer McMullan.

I would be amazed if a) we won this game and b) Ayr get nothing at Forfar.

The simple things never happen with the Wa Waz.

We will roast the play offs anyway will be a laugh watching the cloggers of the auld 3rd division trying to get near Flyer McMullan.

Will McMullan still be with us if our season's extended? Is that part of his loan agreement?

Could be entertaining. If Stenhoosemunure fall through the trap door, which is the plays-offs I would be required to visit ochilview on four occasions next season. That is unexceptable.

5-6.

Could be entertaining. If Stenhoosemunure fall through the trap door, which is the plays-offs I would be required to visit ochilview on four occasions next season. That is unexceptable.

5-6.

Archived