Promotion vs Relegation - Station Park 2nd May

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stirling Albion cannot be relied upon to do anything other than lose heavily to Stenhousemuir.

Therefore, massive effort required from the players to avoid entering the playoffs on Saturday. It would go against everything we've seen from Ayr this season to actually pull this one out the hat.

If you discount the two strolls at Forthbank (let's face it, Montrose could win there), we won't have won away in the league for 196 days by the time Saturday comes!

Going to be a real nail biter for both teams next week. I expect a larger than normal and noisy ayr support to travel up and spur the boys on. Yesterday's performance wasn't great but for once in a while we actually took our chances well! No doubt forfar will be on the offensive from the first whistle so I just hope that leaves Dodds and Malcolm exposed at the back which would let Forrest cause them all sorts of problems. Unless Stenny have an unbelievable collapse and fail to beat stirling we really need to be winning the game or at the very least a draw. My head tells me that Forfar will stick a couple by us but there may still be a few twists in the tale.

2-2.

Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Somerset, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Ayr fails, when we forsake our League One status, but it is not Saturday. Ninety minutes for dogs of war and shattered shields but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you "Stand, Men of Tryfield Place!"

Will segregation be put in place for this with a bigger than normal home support(you'd expect) and a decent sized away support?

Hope not, Rab's patter is worth switching ends for.

Archived