Airdrieonians s Dunfermline

Neither side was very good but we created far more chances. Thought Buchanan was terrible and was at fault for two goals. Sounds like he's been one of Dunfermline's better players this season, which probably says it all about them. They look a sorry bunch.

Frustrating to miss out on the play-offs by a point (although if Brechin had needed something today I think they would have finished further ahead), but a rank start and then too many draws mid-season killed us. I think in most other seasons our points total would have got the play-offs easily, however in most other season there wasn't a Stirling that most teams were guaranteed 8-12 points from to bump up their total.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunfy fans staying on at the end to clap off an outfit that finished 7th in this league..

Dunfy .... :lol:

Sorry to correct you in the midst of your euphoria, but 'Dunfy' is a rugby team.

We're the worst run club in Scotiand.

Moar monies p!ease fan ies.

If we don't get 2000 season tickets and centenary fund...

Get to f**k.

Calm down. We're nothing of the sort. Mistakes have been made but plenty of good things have been done as wel.

I felt it was a bit of a shame to concede a goal in the 90th minute as I felt a draw would've been a fair result. But the defending for the three goals summed up our season - too soft. McHugh thought should've been given MoM (although the young Airdrie keeper made a couple of good saves) as he was the best player on the pitch.

I thought in the early stages it would be a typical end-of-season game, but we gradually picked up and got the better of midfield and should've been leading at half-time. The team reacted well after going 2-1 down and Falkingham's goal was a good hit across the goal, and both teams had periods throughout the 90 when they were on top. Airdrie finished the stronger side but I thought we did enough to merit a point.

But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Focus now has to be on the board making the right appointment, and sooner rather than later, so the planning and recruitment can begin in earnest for next season. It's been a shocking season but a common misconception is that it's down to a lack of effort. The players haven't been good enough, but they don't go out there and not try to win matches. Our team have obviously just not been as strong as we might've thought they were at the start of the season.

I thought in the end yesterday it was quite an entertaining game to watch overall. Glad it's finished now though - roll on a break from club stuff until July.

Thought Buchanan was terrible and was at fault for two goals. Sounds like he's been one of Dunfermline's better players this season, which probably says it all about them. They look a sorry bunch.

Buchanan seems to have regressed quite badly with Dunfy. He was absolutely awful yesterday. His positioning was suspect and his clearances were sprayed about at all angles. Offered nothing at set pieces whereas he always looked dangerous when he was with us.

I actually thought he might get a move to a big club in the summer, but going on yesterdays showing, he'll probably be stuck at Dunfy*.

*Assuming they remain FT

£20 donation to the pars alive charity fund thanks. You're going to need it after you fail miserably again next season.

Sure, as soon as you find the post where you agreed to the bet, trying to place a bet when the event has already happened is a fairly hard thing to do.

You could try putting a bet on many clouds to win the 2015 national if you fancy though.

Dunfermline = :lol:

But

Full time Dunfermline = :lol:

Genuinley though, Dunfermline = :lol:

Imagine having that budget, yet that team...Dunfermline = :lol:

Mind the gap. :lol:

Your obsession is fuckin creepy. Seriously. Did you get a kicking in Dunfermline or did a Fifer shag your bird?

We're the worst run club in Scotiand.

Moar monies p!ease fan ies.

If we don't get 2000 season tickets and centenary fund...

Get to f**k.

What an absolute melt you really are.

Buchanan seems to have regressed quite badly with Dunfy. He was absolutely awful yesterday. His positioning was suspect and his clearances were sprayed about at all angles. Offered nothing at set pieces whereas he always looked dangerous when he was with us.

I actually thought he might get a move to a big club in the summer, but going on yesterdays showing, he'll probably be stuck at Dunfy*.

*Assuming they remain FT

In his first few games I thought it looked like we'd just be a stepping stone to better things for him. He played well, organised then team and looked very comfortable.

On Pars website, after the game he said....

Gregor confirmed that he is out of contract now:-

"We have to wait and see who the new manager is, hear his opinions. I have been delighted to be a Dunfermline player. It meant a lot to me to sign with the club. I knew how big the club is and it was an honour to play in that team and even to captain the team at times.

"Everybody knows my commitment towards Dunfermline. I am very happy here but it is out of my hands at the moment. I need to wait and see."

Archived