Airdrieonians s Dunfermline

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Airdrie_United_0_Dunfermline_1&ID=5524

We've finished the season against each other a few times.

I'm sure we played each other last day of the season at East End Park around 96/97? Vaguely remember Dunfermline winning the league that day, Andy Rhodes was in goal for us. Was it not a helicopter Saturday as well, with Dunfermline slugging it out with Dundee Utd?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we played each other last day of the season at East End Park around 96/97? Vaguely remember Dunfermline winning the league that day, Andy Rhodes was in goal for us. Was it not a helicopter Saturday as well, with Dunfermline slugging it out with Dundee Utd?

Yup, season 1995-1996 with Dunfermline, Dundee Utd and Morton all going for the title on the last day of the season. Dunfermline beat Airdrieonians 2-1 while Morton and Utd drew 1-1 at Cappielow.

Can anyone remember who scored the OG in the last game at the old Broomfield? I was there but was only 7 years old at the time so I don't remember much about the game. I have been looking on the web but all I can find about it was the fact that it was an OG.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_cups/4584864.stm

This game was pretty memorable too. I remember asking my dad if he wanted to go to the replay just as Airdrie scored the winner.

:lol:

Aye can mind at 3-2 and my dad saying if we can just get an equaliser we could take them in a replay. Also mind after scoring we never even got our arses back in the seat when Robertson went down holding his head as yous scored again. Was never convinced that was a foul guy was murder at crosses.

Don't forget the egg on face match at the end of the 2012/13 season when the pars lost 2-1 to an already relegated Jimmy Boyle side to put them into a playoff spot that would see them relegated to league one. I think that is up there with the most shocked I've ever been at a result in my lifetime - that team/manager were guff and we'd been on a terrible run of form. We had nothing to play for and Dunfermline were fighting for survival and only needed a point to stay up if I remember correctly. True bogey team stuff.

Don't forget the egg on face match at the end of the 2012/13 season when the pars lost 2-1 to an already relegated Jimmy Boyle side to put them into a playoff spot that would see them relegated to league one. I think that is up there with the most shocked I've ever been at a result in my lifetime - that team/manager were guff and we'd been on a terrible run of form. We had nothing to play for and Dunfermline were fighting for survival and only needed a point to stay up if I remember correctly. True bogey team stuff.

I remember our announcer at half time saying "it's the last 45 minutes of the season.." and I was thinking "hmmmmmmm, maybe you you should just keep your mouth shut"

Totally making excuses but we did absolutely batter you that day. Was a total robbery but we bottled it the week before when we were 3-1 up at Firhill with five minutes left when a win would have kept us up that day as well.

Those results still sicken me. Second half of that Partick game was absolutely brilliant until we shat it.

And to compound matters for the Pars, it was between them and Cowden to avoid the playoffs and the Blue Brazil ultimately stayed up.

Would be sad, but not surprised to see Bollan go. The real worry is who we would bring in as a replacement.

Pointless game so might be worth giving the likes of Ferguson, Richford, Kirwan and other youngsters a run out.

If you've not seen it already, Pars board say Potter will still be the first team coach next season (with a new manager coming in).

Be interesting to see how he and Bollan deal with each other on Saturday.

Reckon Bollan should just go in our dugout and McCann can go in Airdrie's.

Not keen on Bollan. Seems like a bit of a fanny, anyone remember the way he conducted himself when Airdrie beat us 2-0 in this fixture last season? Behaved like a total fud.

Hopefully, if he does become Pars manager, he continues the record he's got already.

Archived