Airdrieonians s Dunfermline

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bollan took over Dunfermline would the Airdrie fans wish him well or hope to see us continue our plunge towards League 2? Apart from Jimmy Calderwood I can't think of many Pars managers leaving on good terms (ie to a new job rather than being punted for doing a crappy job).

We've had some decent former Airdrie players over the years - Andy Smith, Cardle, McDougall, Ozzy McCann but I can't think of any shared managerial history.

We took one of Airdrie's best players last season, which was meant to strengthen us and they've ended up finishing above us.

If Bollan did become our new manager, it doesn't guarantee that we will finish above Airdrie next season by any means. All we can hope for is that he can continue his impressive managerial record, if that did turn out to be the case.

If Bollan took over Dunfermline would the Airdrie fans wish him well or hope to see us continue our plunge towards League 2? Apart from Jimmy Calderwood I can't think of many Pars managers leaving on good terms (ie to a new job rather than being punted for doing a crappy job).

We've had some decent former Airdrie players over the years - Andy Smith, Cardle, McDougall, Ozzy McCann but I can't think of any shared managerial history.

It's a tough one for me.

Bollan has been excellent for us in his season and a half in charge so I'd be pleased for him getting a FT opportunity - it's hard not to be happy for the guy. However, the idea of him going to one of our League 1 rivals after we've been so close to the playoffs the last two years would hurt, a lot.

In all honesty though, I can't see him going anywhere else other than Dunfermline if he leaves. He's done well with us but he isn't really proven at much higher a level, I think it would be a gamble for a team from Championship level up to take him on.

It's also worth remembering that it took him quite some time to get us going the first season and we had a horrible start to this season, but I suspect that'd be down to a combination of poor prior management & a water tight budget.

I really want to see him stay as I think with the same squad and two or three additions, we'd be title challengers next season. At the moment I'd say it's 50/50 though.

If Bollan took over Dunfermline would the Airdrie fans wish him well or hope to see us continue our plunge towards League 2?

It's a tough one for me.

It's not a tough one for me. Players/managers come and go, that's life.

If he took Dunfy to the bottom tier, I might have some sort of seizure though the inevitable laughter marathon. I'd not feel a jot for him nor wish him well getting them back up.

I was talking to someone fairly close to the club who could tell me who Airdrie' s New manager was going to be.

Let the Kenny Shiels rumours start again.

Not sure who I'd take to replace Bollan. With Ballantyne's connections I'm positive it'll probably be Alistair McCoist.

Let the Kenny Shiels rumours start again.

Not sure who I'd take to replace Bollan. With Ballantyne's connections I'm positive it'll probably be Alistair McCoist.

Listen I hope Bollan stays, usually when I hear someone wants to leave the club, my attitude is on ye go, but because I've seen the damage poor managers have inflicted on us over the years I think it's really important that he stays.

PS

The person I heard being mentioned as a replacement was not K S.

Found pictures from the last time these clubs at the end of the season. We rode our luck the whole match and it was a miracle that Dunfermline didn't score as they missed some amount of chances and Falkirk went on to win the league by a point. It was the last ever match played at Broomfield with a crowd of over 10,000!

http://www.robertdalzell.co.uk/Sports/Airdrieonians-199394/Airdrie-v-Dunfermline-7-5-94/

It's not a tough one for me. Players/managers come and go, that's life.

If he took Dunfy to the bottom tier, I might have some sort of seizure though the inevitable laughter marathon. I'd not feel a jot for him nor wish him well getting them back up.

The most obvious ever answer to one of the stupidest questions ever asked in history.

Listen I hope Bollan stays, usually when I hear someone wants to leave the club, my attitude is on ye go, but because I've seen the damage poor managers have inflicted on us over the years I think it's really important that he stays.

PS

The person I heard being mentioned as a replacement was not K S.

Spill, nothing wrong with a wee rumour!

The players I spoke to at the POTY dinner were aware of the "rumours"... maybe they know something we don't. When I asked Fitzpatrick, who is out of contract at the end of the season what his plans were, he said he would love to stay but it would be up to the gaffer... whoever it's going to be. That's not to say that it won't be GB though.

Found pictures from the last time these clubs at the end of the season. We rode our luck the whole match and it was a miracle that Dunfermline didn't score as they missed some amount of chances and Falkirk went on to win the league by a point. It was the last ever match played at Broomfield with a crowd of over 10,000!

http://www.robertdalzell.co.uk/Sports/Airdrieonians-199394/Airdrie-v-Dunfermline-7-5-94/

Might be misunderstanding the premise of your post but did the teams not play each other on the last day of the season a couple of years back? Dunfermline won 1-0 I think.

Archived