Clydebank new stadium

MacGafraidh

Its hilarious seeing someone claim their side is ambitious then saying they don't want in the professional leagues. These things don't correlate

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hilarious seeing someone claim their side is ambitious then saying they don't want in the professional leagues. These things don't correlate

Are you saying Auchinleck Talbot aren't an ambitious club.

Why would they want to lower themselves to playing in the sub standard Lowland League ?

Are you saying Auchinleck Talbot aren't an ambitious club.

Why would they want to lower themselves to playing in the sub standard Lowland League ?

Yes. Yes I am.

Oh my you just don't get that different doesn't mean better do you?

I get a lot of things.

I certainly don't get how paying £20 to watch Montrose is any way enjoyable.

Well you clearly know f**k all about football and are not worth talking to.

Apologies for not realising clubs trying to reach the highest footballing level in the country have less ambition than junior sides trying to dominate their own little ponds.

Apologies for not realising clubs trying to reach the highest footballing level in the country have less ambition than junior sides trying to dominate their own little ponds.

Tell me when East Stirling or Montrose have ever remotely tried to reach the top level?

They are small fish in an even smaller pond.

Clubs like Auchinleck are a bigger club and have far more fans than East Stirling or Montrose ever will be.

You really aren't coming across very well in this thread mate. I'd be perfectly happy to pay the SFL prices. Since I've come to watch junior football I've seen clubs raise prices for friendly games etc when we've been playing them, I've even seen one club in the bottom league play us in a match charging top whack for a sectional game and then deciding just out of coincidence to take a year out after they got the money off 200 Clydebank fans, on that basis yeh I'd be happy to go to the SFL.

Well I would rather watch top level Junior football than sub standard clubs who have never achieved anything in their entire history but each to their own.

Tell me when East Stirling have ever remotely tried to reach the top level?

They spent two years in the old first division (championship Now) in the 80's.

And don't say that's just once, you said 'ever remotely' implying never.

Its funny how you go on about nobody would miss us from the Juniors and yet every committee to a man including your own clubs president has said they are sorry to see us relegated and to hurry back.

Sorry ur not obsessed about us ur obsessed with east Stirling n montrose. We've grown up watching our team n the seniors why wouldn't we want that again? No wonder us bankies like Kilbirnie more than use ;-) lol

Mon the papers

And don't say that's just once, you said 'ever remotely' implying never.

Its funny how you go on about nobody would miss us from the Juniors and yet every committee to a man including your own clubs president has said they are sorry to see us relegated and to hurry back.

Certainly wouldn't miss the arrogant attitude of the group of your fans who walk round the ground berating the opposition support telling us how pish we are especially when you lose!

Sorry ur not obsessed about us ur obsessed with east Stirling n montrose. We've grown up watching our team n the seniors why wouldn't we want that again? No wonder us bankies like Kilbirnie more than use ;-) lol

Mon the papers

Says it all you like that manky mob lol!

You were formed as a Junior club why not be proud of it?

I think our first ambition should be to avoid relegation again next season because if the way we played this season continues that is what will happen. after that we need to try and win the premier division the junior cup and the west of Scotland cup then we might actually have something to shout about.as for the spfl you can stuff that that the juniors is far more enjoyable and the other club's won't shaft us like the sfl ones did.

Was there the day they won promotion. That team was pretty decent, but there was almost nobody watching their games. The Shire (Falkirk rather than Possil version) were also in the top flight for a season in the early 60s. Think the financial fallout from trying to be full-time at that point (which shows they have tried to be very ambitious at least once in their history) was what led to the emergence of ES Clydebank. The better poster child from that part of the world for trundling along doing not very much is Stenhousemuir.

Must say I've never encountered any arrogance from Clydebank fans that I've met

Can understand them wanting to return senior because of the shambolic way that especially in the West that it is run by Messrs Robertson et al

Wouldn't agree with a lowland league move for them or any junior club as that is just a self preservation society for the spfl league 2 teams who have already been mentioned on here

Would be interested in a pyramid system in the English mould but too much self interest for that to ever happen up here though

LADESIDE

Was there the day they won promotion. That team was pretty decent, but there was almost nobody watching their games. The Shire (Falkirk rather than Possil version) were also in the top flight for a season in the early 60s. Think the financial fallout from trying to be full-time at that point (which shows they have tried to be very ambitious at least once in their history) was what led to the emergence of ES Clydebank. The better poster child from that part of the world for trundling along doing not very much is Stenhousemuir.

The Hobbits didn't have any financial fallout from their short stay in Division 1 in the 1960s, it was simply the Steedmans realised that Falkirk was never going to be big enough to support two clubs, & what fans there were had been sewn up by Falkirk, the Edinburgh clubs & the Axis of Evil.

Their solution was to treat East Stirlingshire as if it was a franchise as occurs in American sports (& which later happened in the North American Soccer League to disastrous effect), & it so happened that Clydebank Juniors - or at least some of their committee - felt the club had outgrown the Juniors, although their last major trophy win had been seventeen years prior.

There had been a lot of talk in Scottish football at that time about the insanity of areas such as Irvine, Clydebank and East Kilbride having zero SFL representation whilst tiny villages or perennial no hopers did - that's why they got away with it at the time whilst later attempts at franchise football were (rightly) stamped out from the off.

I think 'your way' should make sure you have a better team to compete in the Super 1st next season before you consider trying to go Senior again. Apart from basics, you need your own ground, experienced manager, backroom staff and far better players. That all needs money..and lots of it. Your team has done very well over the years, until now. Nothing wrong with how the majority of junior clubs, especially the successful ones are run and a fair few of them have better stadiums and playing surfaces than some senior teams. You're being a bit disrepectful to a lot of people. But if that's 'your way' and the attitude you want your club and supporters to operate, maybe better you all went elsewhere! Wouldn't want you having to suffer being in the same leagues as the rest of us. We're not worthy...We're not worthy!

away and get a grip with the were not worthy crap. How is saying I want my team playing at the highest level possible in a league with a fixture list disrespectful? I'm not criticising junior teams I'm just saying I don't particularly want Clydebank to be one.

Well if you don't want to watch Junior football we wont miss your fiver.

If you think Clydebank will ever be senior again your living in cloud cuckoo land.

Archived