Clydebank new stadium

MacGafraidh

Wanting to play in League 2 against glorified junior clubs is totally unambitious.

Maybe you should get your own ground before you look down your nose at us Junior clubs who took you in when the SFL hung you out to dry.

Maybe your club plays Mon Wed & Fri but mine doesn't owing to having our own well looked after ground.

Surely playing 3 times a week is the result of a big run in the Scottish cup as opposed to the standard of a ground?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely playing 3 times a week is the result of a big run in the Scottish cup as opposed to the standard of a ground?

Clubs sharing grounds lose more games to games being put off for a drop of rain due to the amount of games played on it.

Even winning Junior Cup is 8 rounds.

Not really a massive addition to your schedule.

Looking down my nose? Away and have a look at yourself. I don't like the junior set up, I don't like the lack of fixture list, I don't like people drinking on the terraces etc, I want my club to play at the highest level possible. What ambition is there in junior football? Where can that take us? Even the top league has it's fair share of one man and a dog and no one in the set up seems to want to change that. Give me an example of a positive move to modernise junior football in the last 5 years? You know you're a bankies fan when someone's argument is unravelled to such an extent they hit out with the 'get your own ground' chat.

Would you be allowed in that doyen of football League 2 without your own ground?

Where would League 2 take you?

Would you ever win anything of any importance?

You didn't seem to last time.

Would be glad to see you and your horrible arrogant support out the game I love.

Hate seeing you strut about Bellsdale as if you think you're too good to be there.

So what you once played against Celtic.

Is that supposed to be impressive.

You got relegated so maybe the Lowlabd League and its nonentities is about your level.

"Ronnie McKee, who stays less than 200 metres from the football pitches, told the Post that residents are forming a committee to fight the development plans. He said: “The problem isn’t with Clydebank FC. I’m in agreement that a stadium in Clydebank for the club is a great idea—but not 50 metres from people’s houses. “It is not acceptable in an area that has had a history of anti-social behaviour. “At our meeting with Bill Abraham and the club’s architect James Loch we were shown preliminary drawings. They were fantastic and I wish the club well, but this site on the edge of housing scheme just isn’t suitable. “It should be built right in the centre of Clydebank, not behind people’s houses.” -

So what the resident's association is saying is "dinna build yer pitch here because we're all neds...". Why didn't they start a committee to do something about the anti-social behaviour before then?

aye just meddlesome twats wae too much time on their hands. coz u have to let the public see the plans, most companies/teams etc, put them up for the minimum amount of time, which I think is four hours,coz u always get these lonely, sad, pathetic individuals wae too much time on their hands who have always got to have something to complain and be angry about or their lifes will not be worth living. Theres thousands of football grounds right in the middle of residential areas - Celtic Park, Firhill, Dalry, Hurlford, East Kilbride, list goes on.

So it's arrogant to want to move away from something you don't like instead of forcing the changes you want to make? Ok!

Why did you come in to Junior football?

Maybe you should have went Amateur.

No it is arrogant to think you are better than the level you are.

After all it would appear you're not even good enough to be a top level Junior team.

Seriously? Had over ten years of this crap from petulant dinosaurs. I feel sorry for decent junior fans who don't resort to this sort of tribal crap.

Yes and we've had over ten years of your club's crap.

Can you tell me how how East Stirling, Montrose and a whole host of clubs who have never won anything in their history are more ambitious than my ex-senior club who have a proud 77 year history in Junior football mostly at the top level?

What ambition do their 200 fans get to see from clubs who hung on Rangers fans bankrolling their clubs over the last 3 years?

As others have said, was always the longer term goal. Some have relented but I'd rather try and see it out.

We've had good times in the Juniors and hopefully more will follow but I want to see us back at the level I grew up with.

We'd like to see you back here too so I'll be watching this with interest. Am I right in saying Clydebank would rent this new ground from WDC? Could be a dangerous road to go down but hopefully it works out.

Where would League 2 take you?

Would you ever win anything of any importance?

You talk about Clydebank having no ambition and then use these two statements. The first point is easy, League 2 takes you to League 1 and League 1 takes you to the Championship, if you're a small ambitious club.

The second point is the problem with so, so many junior clubs. You'd rather be the big fish in a small pond and try and win the majority of games than really see your team tested. Glory hunting, if you will.

We'd like to see you back here too so I'll be watching this with interest. Am I right in saying Clydebank would rent this new ground from WDC? Could be a dangerous road to go down but hopefully it works out.

You talk about Clydebank having no ambition and then use these two statements. The first point is easy, League 2 takes you to League 1 and League 1 takes you to the Championship, if you're a small ambitious club.

The second point is the problem with so, so many junior clubs. You'd rather be the big fish in a small pond and try and win the majority of games than really see your team tested. Glory hunting, if you will.

That really made me laugh.

The glory hunters support Rangers and Celtic rather than their local team.

Are you really telling me the no marks at East Stirling are ambitious?

What have clubs like them ever achieved other than scrounging from the top table?

That really made me laugh.

The glory hunters support Rangers and Celtic rather than their local team.

Are you really telling me the no marks at East Stirling are ambitious?

What have clubs like them ever achieved other than scrounging from the top table?

You don't want your club to move into the senior leagues because you won't win anything, that's glory hunting no matter how you want to dress it up.

East Stirlingshire have had many problems in their history, mainly with people who don't care for the club doing what they like with it, which has caused their already small support to dwindle, their ground to disappear and the future does not look good for them. Of course there are teams who don't show ambition, it would be silly to suggest otherwise. But, a pyramid system is being put in place so that clubs like East Stirlingshire can find their level. Similarly, the teams that win everything at Junior level would be progressed up through the leagues to find their level. But you don't want that. You want to stay put and win all your games and trophies.

Dumbarton are hardly a massive club, we have a core support of about 600 and we've managed to keep ourselves in the Championship after getting our debt down and showing some ambition. The clubs that don't drop out of the league, simple.

Did any Bankies fans come on here and gloat when Beith got relegated? The answer is no.

Therein lies the difference.

Edit - If any of your players got the chance to play for East Stirling they`d be away in a minute.

Thats why we got relegated,Queens Park are at a higher level than us so 3 of our best players went there.

....But, a pyramid system is being put in place so that clubs like East Stirlingshire can find their level. Similarly, the teams that win everything at Junior level would be progressed up through the leagues to find their level...

That's how it should work in theory. Whether that ever actually happens is another matter entirely. If the top dozen or so teams in the central belt that win trophies with reasonable regularity in the juniors were ever forced to move upwards and find their natural level of enforced mundane mediocrity, others would have to move in the opposite direction and lose their SPFL subsidies in the process. The "pyramid" that has emerged keeps the juniors intact as a separate grade to be dominated by big fish that prefer their small pond, and has filled up the feeders to the SPFL with very small and poorly supported clubs, so that any scope for movement even by clubs like East Stirling will be minimised.

That's how it should work in theory. Whether that ever actually happens is another matter entirely. If the top dozen or so teams in the central belt that win trophies with reasonable regularity in the juniors were ever forced to move upwards and find their natural level of enforced mundane mediocrity, others would have to move in the opposite direction and lose their SPFL subsidies in the process. The "pyramid" that has emerged keeps the juniors intact as a separate grade to be dominated by big fish that prefer their small pond, and has filled up the feeders to the SPFL with very small and poorly supported clubs, so that any scope for movement even by clubs like East Stirling will be minimised.

Agree completely and the SPFL need to shoulder some of the blame for the way it was set up but in my opinion the biggest obstacle to achieving the above is these big fish attitudes. The SPFL have merely granted these teams justification for avoiding the set-up by being so hopeless at their job.

Suppose it explains your support's arrogance.

My club isn't the biggest going but rather see us win trophies now again than play unambitious clubs like East Stirling and Montrose who's only dream is an away cup tie to the Old Firm!

Having read the rest of the posts now, I'm going to leave it at that.

Junior football has been as good for us as we have for it. Many can see that.

Trophies are good, not the be all.

You don't want your club to move into the senior leagues because you won't win anything, that's glory hunting no matter how you want to dress it up.

East Stirlingshire have had many problems in their history, mainly with people who don't care for the club doing what they like with it, which has caused their already small support to dwindle, their ground to disappear and the future does not look good for them. Of course there are teams who don't show ambition, it would be silly to suggest otherwise. But, a pyramid system is being put in place so that clubs like East Stirlingshire can find their level. Similarly, the teams that win everything at Junior level would be progressed up through the leagues to find their level. But you don't want that. You want to stay put and win all your games and trophies.

Dumbarton are hardly a massive club, we have a core support of about 600 and we've managed to keep ourselves in the Championship after getting our debt down and showing some ambition. The clubs that don't drop out of the league, simple.

I don't my club to go senior for many reasons.

One of them being the very poor standard of League 1 and League 2 and the extortionate prices charged to watch that drivel.

I had the misfortune of working at a very poor Airdrie and Morton game.

It was bad enough being paid to be there never mind the poor fans who were charged £15 for a standard no better than junior.

Did any Bankies fans come on here and gloat when Beith got relegated? The answer is no.

Therein lies the difference.

Edit - If any of your players got the chance to play for East Stirling they`d be away in a minute.

Thats why we got relegated,Queens Park are at a higher level than us so 3 of our best players went there.

Kenny McLean is just one player at Beith who has knocked back chances to go senior.

Why? Way too much travelling playing for ambitiousless clubs.

My club has more ambition than dross like East Stirling and Montrose.

Yes football duties are crap, iv been to plenty junior games which are crap but because it's my team I go when I can. It's your opinion that you don't rate SFL but you have absolutely no right to write off any other clubs ambitions just because they go against your own.

Playing in a league full of teams with no ambition shows no ambition.

Clubs like East Stirling are happy to finish second bottom of a poor league as long as they play Rangers or Celtic every ten years.

Where's the ambition in that?

Why would you want to pay £15-20 to watch that dross?

U keep mentioning east Stirling n montrose but for us I'd want us 2 be very ambitious and be playing league 1 maybe even championship say 5 years down the line I grew up watching us play teams in the old 1st division and for me going senior again is what I've wanted since we were bought over by jb (horrible c**t). Have we found the new rrg? Pccabe is becoming obsessed way the papers

U keep mentioning east Stirling n montrose but for us I'd want us 2 be very ambitious and be playing league 1 maybe even championship say 5 years down the line I grew up watching us play teams in the old 1st division and for me going senior again is what I've wanted since we were bought over by jb (horrible c**t). Have we found the new rrg? Pccabe is becoming obsessed way the papers

Not obsessed at all but I just don't see how playing a very poor League 2 is ambitious in any manner.

Hopefully you do go senior as you clearly think you are a cut above us Juniors.

Archived