Clydebank new stadium

MacGafraidh

Given the potential size of the club if they were to go senior I can't see there being much objection from anyone to let them straight into the Lowland League. Clydebank aren't really a typical junior club.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the potential size of the club if they were to go senior I can't see there being much objection from anyone to let them straight into the Lowland League. Clydebank aren't reall

y a typical junior club.

Yeah as most Junior clubs have their own ground!

No PC most Junior clubs let a park ... just as we do.

It was meant to be a joke.

Most councils would gladly be rid of the burden of running grounds to the clubs

Given the potential size of the club if they were to go senior I can't see there being much objection from anyone to let them straight into the Lowland League. Clydebank aren't really a typical junior club.

The LL are looking to get up to 16 teams next season. That means the league will be full and there will be no more direct entrants.

Any Junior clubs looking to get in in the future would have to join a feeder league ie SOS or EOS

Why would you want to go senior again?

As others have said, was always the longer term goal. Some have relented but I'd rather try and see it out.

We've had good times in the Juniors and hopefully more will follow but I want to see us back at the level I grew up with.

clydebank have spent 77 years of our history playing in the juniors and if it was not for the fact that a couple of east stirlingshire directors took over the club in the sixties we would never joined the sfl.

clydebank have spent 77 years of our history playing in the juniors and if it was not for the fact that a couple of east stirlingshire directors took over the club in the sixties we would never joined the sfl.

Well said mate.

Too many Bankies fans on here seem to want to go back to a level that shat all over them.

Enjoy your trips to Peterhead on a Wednesday night.

There's a lot more ambition in trying to win Premier than playing East Stirling and Montrose and never winning anything.

Yet to meet any who can provide a reason beyond 'I can get a drink at junior football'. The majority of Bankies I know want senior football again. I appreciate the juniors giving us a place to play, I appreciate the hospitality of the clubs, but let's face it junior clubs want to do things 'the way they've always been done' etc and IMHO that just isn't our way. I think if junior football stepped out of the dark ages a bit then we'd probably have more support from the fans to stay.

It's like watching millionaires who have went bust but still think they're more important than everybody else.

You've been Junior for more years than you were ever senior.

I meant the size of the town they play in as opposed to the history of the club. If I had my way there would be no such thing as Junior football.

It's like watching millionaires who have went bust but still think they're more important than everybody else.

You've been Junior for more years than you were ever senior.

Maybe, but for the majority of supporters I'd suggest we were senior for more years than junior.

We don't think we're important, we hust have an aim.

Following Clydebank was never about winning things for me, it was about following Clydebank. I grew up following them all over the Scottish League & I'd like to do it again.

I meant the size of the town they play in as opposed to the history of the club. If I had my way there would be no such thing as Junior football.

And for that reason alone you should step away from the keyboard and go and have your way with whatever it is that you do when you`re not being a clown.......

A set fixture list for the Juniors would be a start . I struggle to get to games as i have to ask for Saturday days off way in advance but the fixtures get fired out when the SJFA can be arsed. I bet it would result in bigger crowds for everyone not the fact you can get a drink at games.

Maybe, but for the majority of supporters I'd suggest we were senior for more years than junior.

We don't think we're important, we hust have an aim.

Following Clydebank was never about winning things for me, it was about following Clydebank. I grew up following them all over the Scottish League & I'd like to do it again.

Suppose it explains your support's arrogance.

My club isn't the biggest going but rather see us win trophies now again than play unambitious clubs like East Stirling and Montrose who's only dream is an away cup tie to the Old Firm!

You seem annoyed. Iv not said we are more important, what club is? I've said I don't particularly like the way junior football does things, but do I want to force junior football to do things the way I want them no, I'd rather move to a more progressive set up. I really don't care about the history of how long Clydebank have been junior or any of that, I grew up watching us in the SFL and that's my aim for the club. I fail to see your logic there? I'd happily travel to Peterhead, good luck not knowing when you are playing until it comes up someone's humph to put the fixtures out then playing mon - wed- sat for 3 weeks at the end of the year.

Wanting to play in League 2 against glorified junior clubs is totally unambitious.

Maybe you should get your own ground before you look down your nose at us Junior clubs who took you in when the SFL hung you out to dry.

Maybe your club plays Mon Wed & Fri but mine doesn't owing to having our own well looked after ground.

Archived