Clydebank new stadium

MacGafraidh

On 12/05/2015 at 12:49, weegienative said:

I agree with 99% of your post but don't get the old firm fan bashing. Glasgow and the greater Glasgow area is by far the biggest population centre in Scotland. The two most prominent senior teams from this city are the best supported in Scotland. The vast majority of old firm fans are from Glasgow.

The population of Glasgow has been in decline for a very long time, over 1 million in the early 20th century, now about 600k. Meanwhile Edinburgh is increasing and is not far behind Glasgow now. Don't agree that the vast majority of old firm fans are from within Glasgow city boundary, just look at the congestion on M8, M74, M77 and M80 on big match days to show whether that is true or not. The fact that they are better supported is undeniable but as we all know there are plenty ofd other reasons for that. Nothing we say on here is going to change that. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24 April 2015 at 00:14, MacGafraidh said:

I read in the Clydebank Post that the plans have been presented for the new stadium in Faifley.

Best of luck to the Bankies in your quest for a new home, I have always been treated very well at Clydebank games and a great bunch of guys you have working their socks off for the club!

Heard they won't be allowed to sell bevvy in the ground.

Archived