Player of the Year

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says a lot about the league this season that the nominations didn't even get their own thread...(or I've missed it cause I'm blind)

Jamie Stevenson, Alan Trouten, Declan McManus and Willie Gibson

#dece gets my #vote

Jamie Stevenson? Ex Morton player?

Surprised the stenny no.10 Paul Mullen or McMullen is up for it. He was brilliant against us.

Out of that bunch I'd go for McManus.

Surprised our keeper (Gaston) hasn't made the shortlist, he's kept us in so many games this season and ultimately won us a lot of points. Goalkeepers never get noticed but he's by far the best keeper in the league imo.

Out of that list I'd obviously go for McManus, not just because he plays for Morton but because he's the top scorer and it usually goes to them.

Surprised our keeper (Gaston) hasn't made the shortlist, he's kept us in so many games this season and ultimately won us a lot of points. Goalkeepers never get noticed but he's by far the best keeper in the league imo.

Out of that list I'd obviously go for McManus, not just because he plays for Morton but because he's the top scorer and it usually goes to them.

Our keeper Graham Smith is by far the best in the division

Trouten thoroughly deserves his nomination. He's scored 14 goals from midfield which is an excellent return and it's made even more impressive when you consider the fact he's had two spells sidelined with injury where he's missed 8 matches. He's so often our driving force going forward - a very gifted player. He's scored over 50 goals in less than 3 seasons at Brechin which speaks for itself.

Our keeper Graham Smith is by far the best in the division

Well Brechin have conceded 3 more goals than us this season and we have Crighton in our defence so that would suggest otherwise.

I wouldn't take any keeper in the league over Graeme Smith and if I had to choose another it would be David Mitchell of Stranraer. To say Gaston is "by far" the best in the league is nonsense in my opinion.

I wouldn't take any keeper in the league over Graeme Smith and if I had to choose another it would be David Mitchell of Stranraer. To say Gaston is "by far" the best in the league is nonsense in my opinion.

Well obviously fans are going to pick their own goalkeeper unless they've not had a good season. But if it wasn't for Gaston we would be fighting for the title, simple as that.

Nobody sees enough of goalkeepers on a regular basis to make a proper judgement: though that won't stop a lot of bickering about who's the best. I certainly wouldn't want the dumpling in the Stranraer goal who gifted us our first win at Cappielow ahead of Gaston, solely on that case of decision-making fuckwittery. Doesn't really matter though because quite rightly they're all nowhere near the list.

If Stranraer win the league then I wouldn't be too surprised if Gibson took the award as well, but the correct answer is, and always will be, Dece. Surprised Forfar didn't have a nominee ahead of a sand-dancing reject like Stevenson though.

Is this award not voted for by the players for players who have impressed them, playing against themselves which probably comes down to 4 or possibly 6 games in the season rather than anything to do with fans favourites. Individual clubs players player of the year is probably a better guide to who has contributed most to their teams during a season.

Archived