Next Pars Gaffer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably too late but this might not be a bad shout.

Actually, it's a terrible shout. Why would Nicholl be an assistant to Potter? Surely he'd want the job himself in that situation with Potter as HIS assistant.

Anyway, it will never happen and it shouldn't. Keep Nicholl away from East End.

And as Poet says, Potter simply can't be in charge next season.

Potter is a no-no. Under any circumstances. Damage is already done.

Seen this though (below)? If Potter is not going to be involved, wouldn't it be better to relieve him of his duties immediately rather than let him talk about next season? I mentioned Jimmy Nic as he has his new NI assistant job and has been happy as a number 2, knows the club and absolutely pissed all over us tactically in the playoffs.

ETA: Davie Hay or Jocky Scott in a DoF role would be the finishing touch to this new setup.

Stevie Aitken would be my choice though and the money it might cost to get him would eat in to the playing budget but is that a huge deal? Quality over quantity.

We have tried everything. I have given everyone an opportunity and it is disappointing that nobody has really grabbed that by the neck and started scoring a lot of goals.

We are fans and are as disappointed as anyone at not making the play offs. I would never ever fault the players effort or their work rate. They do work hard, the simple fact is that some of them are just not good enough and that is why we are where we are in this league.

We should know how to play this league; we have been in it a couple of years now. There are people who have let us down on certain occasions and as a group we all need to do so much better.

The fans have every right to be disappointed, we are but we have two games to go and we need to make changes to show that there is something to look forward to next year. The squad will need big changes to win the league next year, that is what we have to aim for and that is what we will work towards.

We will make a start with Saturday's home game against Forfar Athletic. There are players in contract, guys out of contract. We will have a look at the younger kids who are doing well and see if they are ready for next year. Things will change and it is an opportunity to do it

Everything from management to the vast majority of the playing squad is needing a total revamp. Players aren't good enough, we know that, but Potter has took us further down the league. The very least that was expected of him was getting into the play-offs, which we were well ahead in when he took over. He has been a catastrophe in charge and doesn't deserve to be kept on as well as most of the squad. This season has been a total shambles and one of the worst in our history. The early 80s at least we were one of the bottle and were expected to be total shite but this season we have had a massive budget that has been squandered and utilised ineffectively, to say the least, so could quite easily go down as the worst in our history if you take it from that viewpoint.

A total clearout is needed.

errr, let me be the first to step in here and remind you that the team that I support, and you, ummm, "support", last season "spunked the budget" (does your Mum know you use expressions like that?) on no less than Garry O'Connor....... and finished a resounding TENTH in the league.

Thanks for playing though.

Notable to see you try and ingratiate yourself with another fanbase after being roundly derided by the Morton fans as a slithering alias account; unfortunately for your ludicrous attempt at a post though a deserved bottom place in the Championship remains several places higher than a lowly 7th in League One. The latter being a level of fail not even Jim Duffy has been able to reproduce with the luxuries of a full-time budget.

Nice try anyway champ.

I think we had enough quality to at least get into the playoffs.

Potter made a complete arse of it, I wanted JJ out but looking back it was a mistake. If Williamson and Wallace were fit all season then we probably wouldn't be in this mess. They were absolutely key to our forward play and we failed to replace them and to add the crucial experience in midfield and at the back. Instead we got the two duffers in Paterson and Barrowman who aren't good enough to play or coach. Hopkirk is ok and George had promise but again both were used in effectively and were in and out the team bizarrely and unfairly. Geggan and Falkingham, two major players suddenly looked terrible and we let our one decent ball player in Forbes go to our main rivals. Ugwu was a major threat but if he was too expensive then well he had to go.

Surely he was cheaper than the players mentioned above?

How can teams like Stranraer or Forfar look so much more professional and organised despite training part time and getting less than a quarter of our gate? For me this is the inescapable thing, we are a total shambles on the pitch despite having a top two or three squad.

Actually, it's a terrible shout. Why would Nicholl be an assistant to Potter? Surely he'd want the job himself in that situation with Potter as HIS assistant.

Anyway, it will never happen and it shouldn't. Keep Nicholl away from East End.

And as Poet says, Potter simply can't be in charge next season.

I think there's a case for having someone experienced to assist a relatively inexperienced manager. I'm thinking McIntyre/McCabe.

McIntyre was miles ahead of where Potter is now.

I'd agree with that - you could always see a plan with McIntyre, even if it wasn't a meteoric rise.

Potter reminds me of Kenny - sign loads of dross and persist with ideas that clearly don't work, or at lease are not believed in by the group of players.

I'm not trying to advocate him staying but I'd have thought if there was a unanimous will in the boardroom to replace him he'd have gone as soon as our season ended at Brechin.

McIntyre was miles ahead of where Potter is now.

His recent email is pathetic, dumping all the blame on the players trying to deflect any any attention away from him.

Where he is now....probably.

Where he was in December.....don't think so.

Heard rumours that the players didn't respect Potter as a manager a few months back, not trying to be a soothsayer or anything but this does look now to be the case. He's constantly blaming them and saying they aren't good enough. Think the problem is a bit of both tbh.

Archived