Next Pars Gaffer

What are the chances of Bollan/aitkin having release clauses for full-time jobs?

Anyway aitkin is clearly the best option if available for not too much compo, Johnstone 2nd choice, not sure of 3rd, Adams is a c**t and been daddies little helper to a certain extent, how he'll perform outside of that comfort zone is questionable. Bollan is often mentioned but I'm not entirely sure what's meant to be that exciting about his career, getting livi promoted with money the didn't have and having Airdrie play to the same level as they have throughout their history. Would probably take Adams but don't think Bollan is worth compo.

Another name to consider are Darren young (again depending on how much it would cost) otherwise it's probably a case of looking up the leagues for an experienced player looking to get a start in management, ok potter hasn't worked out but there are plenty of examples where it has worked, and it's probably a better option than the likes of calderwood.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bollan has shown an ability to bring together a squad with very limited resources at Airdrie. He reminds me of Ian McCall (at the beginning of his managerial career) with his ability to deliver despite, not because of, budget.

He, in my opinion, lacks charisma and has a tendency to fall out with players and marginalise them. This can be damaging with a small squad. His people skills are questionable, and these are as important as technical acumen when you are working with youngsters and people with limited ability.

I'd be sad to see him leave Airdrie and would prefer him to stay. He is better than the old guard who have presided over the team for the last decade. But I wonder if he has found his level where he is, and may live to regret jumping ship for a bigger job.

Bollan has shown an ability to bring together a squad with very limited resources at Airdrie. He reminds me of Ian McCall (at the beginning of his managerial career) with his ability to deliver despite, not because of, budget.

He, in my opinion, lacks charisma and has a tendency to fall out with players and marginalise them. This can be damaging with a small squad. His people skills are questionable, and these are as important as technical acumen when you are working with youngsters and people with limited ability.

I'd be sad to see him leave Airdrie and would prefer him to stay. He is better than the old guard who have presided over the team for the last decade. But I wonder if he has found his level where he is, and may live to regret jumping ship for a bigger job.

Depends on his personal ambition, under Ballatyne, all Bollan needs to do is stay clear of relegation and he will get his contract renewed perpetually, getting promotion would be an astonshing achievement given the budget and resources he is given, I would already predict that next season we will finish between 5th and 7th again

£70k for Aitken, maybe (very roughly) the same sort of figure to pay off the existing coaches, not the best start to trimming the budget for next season!

It would make things much easier if Potter, McCann and Stranraer would accept an IOU note.

Personally I dont think Stranrer would ask for compensation. The big thing would be if we go up would he want to come back downn a level or would he chance his luck at the Championship.

70k will prob not be far off what he will be asking for considering his wage at Stranraer and Rolls Royce combined will be quite healthy so he needs to make it worth while going full time.

Good choice of manager I was suprised Potter got the job in he first place I thought Stevie would have been the man for the job when JJ left.

Who cares about money? We certainly don't............time to splash the cash again to get us back up where we belong

You already did in the summer champ - and spunking your budget on Michael "the Moff" Moffat has you languishing in 7th place in the league.

Unlucky.

You already did in the summer champ - and spunking your budget on Michael "the Moff" Moffat has you languishing in 7th place in the league.

Unlucky.

Well that was relatively easy, didn't expect to reel in such an influential poster though.

Unlucky.

errr, let me be the first to step in here and remind you that the team that I support, and you, ummm, "support", last season "spunked the budget" (does your Mum know you use expressions like that?) on no less than Garry O'Connor....... and finished a resounding TENTH in the league.

Thanks for playing though.

errr, let me be the first to step in here and remind you that the team that I support, and you, ummm, "support", last season "spunked the budget" (does your Mum know you use expressions like that?) on no less than Garry O'Connor....... and finished a resounding TENTH in the league.

Thanks for playing though.

Telt.

Archived