Stranraer v Morton

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll comfortably outnumber the bumpkins as we did in December; despite the fact that they could actually clinch the title on Saturday evening and we can not.

The last equivalent clash in 2005 drew 2000 Morton fans down there among a 3000 fanbase; despite Morton needing a win and snookers on the final day to actually win promotion: I'd expect us to take at least 1000 this time, despite years of an atrophied fanbase and the game being on TV. Given the horde tendency of Morton fans when a 'big' game rolls along, I think that the Alba TV choice will actually cost a further 500-1000 part-time fans slithering into the game on the day.

Not that I'm complaining about their absence.

ainsley-harriott-02.gif

We'll comfortably outnumber the bumpkins as we did in December; despite the fact that they could actually clinch the title on Saturday evening and we can not.

ainsley-harriott-02.gif

The game in December had a crowd of 321. About 50 of those were Morton fans.

Wouldn't call that outnumbering.

Parking within stair park public park. Although for quick getaway surrounding roads will let you away up A77 Sharp.

Don't park in bowling green road. Quite a lot if cars have been keyed there this season

Stranraers attendance has been for many years about 500 ,Mortons as they keep harping on about was 3000+ then 2000 now it's about 1000 ,next season if you don't go up it will probably fall again to about 500, for the size of there sh1te town that's poor in anyone's eyes.

Not quite, still possible for Forfar to better whatever goal difference you finish on.

The league is still in our own hands if we have to win it with a better goal difference than forfar is it not? ????

Stranraers attendance has been for many years about 500 ,Mortons as they keep harping on about was 3000+ then 2000 now it's about 1000 ,next season if you don't go up it will probably fall again to about 500, for the size of there sh1te town that's poor in anyone's eyes.

Wait. I'm assuming you come from stranraer and you just called greenock a shite town? As the great inspector gadget would say 'wowsers!'

The league is still in our own hands if we have to win it with a better goal difference than forfar is it not?

Only if the referees blow the whistle at exactly the same time at the end of both your last games. :rolleyes:

Also reminds me of the 8-0 and the 7-1 that has happened since .clown

And the 6-3 game, which got us that famous night at Hibs.

Anyway, we are equally capable of winning this as we are of completely fecking it up.

I kind of agree that Forfar winning would be better as it would force us to play for the win - I couldn't stand 90 minutes of collective arse scratching. Lose and it doesn't matter a monkeys what Forfar did, so we might as well go out to win it.

I don't fancy our chances against any of the playoff teams, so we have to do it this weekend.

What Forfar do is irrelevant to the Stranraer game. There is no way we can play for a point with Stranraer being a point ahead. We need the win which would set up a repeat of the famous Peterhead game.

Wait. I'm assuming you come from stranraer and you just called greenock a shite town? As the great inspector gadget would say 'wowsers!'

You genuinely believe there is a town in Scotland comparable to Greenock?

I suppose it'll be a rarity for you to see so many people at a football match when the the masses decide to grace your wee hamlet from the sprawling Inverclyde metropolis.

I suppose it'll be a rarity for you to see so many people at a football match when the the masses decide to grace your wee hamlet from the sprawling Inverclyde metropolis.

Why even bother typing that? What a waste of time.

Why bother replying to a waste of time? Are you confused?

You are right though, Stranraer is in no way comparable to Greenock. But it is fun for a day out once you've left civilisation!

No further comment needed, you summed it up yourself with your second post. Well done.

Archived