Stranraer v Morton

For us, we want Forfar to win before our game starts next week.

If our lateral thinking manager thinks a draw at Stranraer is good enough and we take our chances on a final day shoot-out, then we'll get nothing (we don't even know how to draw, Jimbo)

If we deserve this title, we win both games.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely he's not that much of a moron that he would play for a draw? That would put them in the scenario where they'd be relying on 2 other teams messing up, and you winning obviously.

Also, unless Brechin lose next week and Airdrie win, Brechin will have nothing to play for against Stranraer and should be resting players, at the very least they'll have players wanting to avoid bookings and injuries and being a bit half-hearted. It's win or bust for Morton really.

Surely he's not that much of a moron that he would play for a draw? That would put them in the scenario where they'd be relying on 2 other teams messing up, and you winning obviously.

Also, unless Brechin lose next week and Airdrie win, Brechin will have nothing to play for against Stranraer and should be resting players, at the very least they'll have players wanting to avoid bookings and injuries and being a bit half-hearted. It's win or bust for Morton really.

Logic and JD are very much strangers. Nothing would surprise me, he certainly did not want to win more by than 2-0 today, and was actually trying to put another centre-back on at 1-0.

Pretty annoyed at present that I cashed out my tenner on Morton a week back to place on other bets.. that obviously went tits up.

Is Jim Duffy really that clueless that he could f**k up with the talent at his disposal? Plus are Stranraer really good enough or is their team spirit enough? I've seen near enough sod all of the league to make any judgement so hoping others have a decent answer. How have Stranraer come so good this season?

If any Morton staff watching game at Stair park today , will be worried ,could have been 5 up over first 75 min, fast attacking football on the ground, then sat back and let stenny play hoofball. Team def coming back to form. Stenny are a big strong side, I am suprised at the position their in.

Feeling so nervous about this game. This team seem to be good when they're dead and buried or having to play catchup, but everytime they claw it back and it has been in their own hands they have blown it massively straight away.

If any Morton staff watching game at Stair park today , will be worried ,could have been 5 up over first 75 min, fast attacking football on the ground, then sat back and let stenny play hoofball. Team def coming back to form. Stenny are a big strong side, I am suprised at the position their in.

^^^ rattled

The provisional shame game rating is already 1 million out of ten. Glorious.

^^^ rattled

^^^ rattled

The provisional shame game rating is already 1 million out of ten. Glorious.[/quote

Get your Methadone dose upped 70 mls obviously not enough.

If stranraer play half as well as they did today they will see off a pretty poor living in the past second rate full time morton

Stranraer - a rabble that has never had a credible past. And has already lost two matches to the Famous this season.

Back in your box then.

^^^ rattled

Get your Methadone dose upped 70 mls obviously not enough.

Clearly more smack needed for you to learn how to quote properly, champ.

This game brings back the memories of when we pipped Morton to promotion courtesy of the hero Allan Jenkins volleying home! seem to remember Andy McLaren taking pellets too.

Estimated attendance? How many do Morton expect to bring and how many home fans will turn up?

f**k knows. When we were had a promotion decider down there in 03/04 we took over 1500, but we've usually had fewer than that at home games this season so it's hard to say.

Anyway, my arse is already collapsing. I've been saying for months that we can't afford to go into this game needing a win, and here we are needing a win. I'd be lying if I said I was confident but we have beaten Stranraer twice so it's not impossible. I've given up on guessing Duffy's line-ups so I'm not willing to make any predictions.

Archived