Stranraer v Morton

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rudolph Hucker, on 03 Apr 2015 - 22:50, said:
errr, maybe because, to the best of my knowledge, no-one's ever asked me?

Anyway, it's pretty simple. In the course of my work, I'm a member of various public forums and message boards. Some of 'em have nearly as high a percentage of utter pies in their membership as the Morton messageboard has (yeah, hard to believe, I know), and to make life simpler I have some of the worst numpties, prigs and no-marks on "ignore". Now, I can't do that on the Morton messageboard, because since I've never felt the need to post there I've never registered on the bloody thing, so instead when I see posts from someone whose opinions I don't rate I just scroll down past them and leave them unread. In reality it's about as useless as the actual "ignore" function because if a post is particularly stupid, bumptious or obnoxious it's almost inevitably quoted further on in the thread when somebody bites, but at least it saves some time and avoids reading some of the worst of the slaverings.

It was simpler and quicker to say "I have folk on ignore" than to say what I've just said above. Since that has obviously caused some confusion, my apologies for that, but the fact remains that I do filter out a lot of the pish that's posted on the Morton board - it's small wonder most of the better and more reasonable posters have given up on that forum over the last couple of years and left the floor clear for the underclasses. I look at that forum for news of how my team is doing and what's happening with them, not to read the playground squabblings and juvenile abuse that now makes up most of the posts there.

My apologies to the Pars fans for the fact that some of our numpties have sidetracked your debate on Potter. Hopefully this issue will soon fade into the background and let you get back on track - two more quick responses from me to pond life and I'm finished here.

2975a5407b110300afea46d1bedfa880.460x348

Thank god we won't hear any more of VT after today.

tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

mas1707 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the play offs.

Oh I'm sure he did.

tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

Epic bottle-job for all those associated with Stranraer. Shame really.

article-2537301-1A8CCF2D00000578-119_634

Melchester Rovers were a dysfunctional football club and had just had another of its periodically disastrous seasons.

In mid May it appointed a new manager, Roy Race. Race was a former player who had since had a bit of a chequered career but he had considerable experience and contacts within the game. With only 4 signed senior players at the date of his appointment Race had 9 weeks to find, train and develop a team. As the team struggled to gel early results were disappoint but Roy continued to set up his team on the basis that two wins and one defeat would yield a better points return than one win and two draws and would at minimum guarantee a play off spot. By January Melchester were not in a good position and Joe Salt an important midfielder was struggling with an injury. Fans were calling for Roy's sacking. Vikingdongina reasonably priced thong Roy's nemesis was calling for his replacement by Ginger Biscuit another ex-player currently with a rival club. Behind the scenes though Roy was working hard to persuade the chairman to back a player swap and new signings he had identified as benefiting the club in the short and medium term. Results improved and the team won the Championship tactically outplaying Ginger's team in a crucial match. Ginger's team went on to blow a play off.

Those plugging Roy's replacement by Ginger continued to belittle Roy but developed selective amnesia about their touting of ginger and other missed signings such as hop along Miller. Such is life in the world of comics, it could never happen in real life.

Melchester Rovers were a dysfunctional football club and had just had another of its periodically disastrous seasons.

In mid May it appointed a new manager, Roy Race. Race was a former player who had since had a bit of a chequered career but he had considerable experience and contacts within the game. With only 4 signed senior players at the date of his appointment Race had 9 weeks to find, train and develop a team. As the team struggled to gel early results were disappoint but Roy continued to set up his team on the basis that two wins and one defeat would yield a better points return than one win and two draws and would at minimum guarantee a play off spot. By January Melchester were not in a good position and Joe Salt an important midfielder was struggling with an injury. Fans were calling for Roy's sacking. Vikingdongina reasonably priced thong Roy's nemesis was calling for his replacement by Ginger Biscuit another ex-player currently with a rival club. Behind the scenes though Roy was working hard to persuade the chairman to back a player swap and new signings he had identified as benefiting the club in the short and medium term. Results improved and the team won the Championship tactically outplaying Ginger's team in a crucial match. Ginger's team went on to blow a play off.

Those plugging Roy's replacement by Ginger continued to belittle Roy but developed selective amnesia about their touting of ginger and other missed signings such as hop along Miller. Such is life in the world of comics, it could never happen in real life.

:lol:

Class, mate. Class.

:thumsup2

• 4 months later...

Archived