Airdrie v Ayr

How many goals are you wanting?

Yesterday's second half performance was utterly shambolic and we totally bottled it. Only positive is that Stenny also got beat but we can't keep relying on others for our survival. The first half was the best id seen us play this season but games don't last 45 minutes. I would expect Airdrie to beat us if they are up for it. Their play off hopes are pretty slim as it is so I would love for Ayr to ruin them completely.

Going for 2-3 Airdrie as we do ok at scoring goals but defensively we are a shambles. Would love to be proved wrong. Mon Ayr...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr's last chance of their four "Cup Finals" against the Lanarkshire giants - their last before the toodle off to the bottom tier, never to be seen again.

We've not been playing too well in the last couple of games, but I fully expect us to have way too much for a deadful Ayr side.

Prediction: 3-0. Ayr down to 10 - standard practice.

Put my mortgage on a red card in this one, happens with alarming regularity.

Another sickening defeat for us with David Hutton responsible for at least two goals. Quite possibly the worst goalkeeper ever to grace our club.

Put my mortgage on a red card in this one, happens with alarming regularity.

Another sickening defeat for us with David Hutton responsible for at least two goals. Quite possibly the worst goalkeeper ever to grace our club.

Don't want to ruin your week with buried (for good reason) memories, but Barry John Corr....

I really want to say an early goal would knock the fight out airdrie as we are scrapping for our lives. But I fear they'll just see it as a challenge to see if our biscuit dunked in the tea defence will be able to last out having succumbed so frequently lately to average attacking.

I'm worried that it's our mental side of the game that is gone. Defending a lead for example is now just going to be unbearable.

We are scoring but I'm just frightened. I'm really scared.

Potentially a great away day though.

Archived