The Witcher 3

spud131

Anyone else looking forward to this? Never played either of the first two games but I think this looks great. Apparently over 100 hours worth of gameplay in it so should keep me busy for a while!!

Edited by spud131

I've never played any of these games before. What are they like?

Is it a case of "If you enjoyed Skyrim then you will love this"?

3rd person RPG. Mostly story driven, not as free to roam until now as the likes of Elder Scrolls games. Excellent combat, enemies and play styles. Artistically in a league of its own and produced by a great up-and-coming studio. The Witcher 2 is one of my favourite games ever and probably the best looking.

It centres on war, politics and hunting supernatural monsters. Couldn't recommend it any higher if you like the fantasy-RPG genre.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not surprised tbh. I was pretty sure it would be GotY 2015 when I saw the first bit of extended gameplay last year and can't see that failing. Happy to be proven wrong when Arkham Knight comes out though :)

Looks like we've finally got the first absolute blockbuster game of the new generation of consoles. Well, that isn't a remake.

I was a bawhair from pre-odering this last week and plumped for Arkham Knight instead. I'll definitely be getting it next weekend, I think.

I've not been this excited about a game coming out in ages. Im off work this week and some of next so im desperate for it to pop through the letter box, prob be Monday at the earliest tho!!

Trailer out. Slightly NSFW as there is a cgi nipple in it. Those who own PC can get it from GOG gaming as it is the developers own store page and it is drm free and all that good stuff too. I loved both the witcher games, I can only hope they have not dumbed them down for console.

Trailer out. Slightly NSFW as there is a cgi nipple in it. Those who own PC can get it from GOG gaming as it is the developers own store page and it is drm free and all that good stuff too. I loved both the witcher games, I can only hope they have not dumbed them down for console.

That quite literally made the fucking hairs on the back of my neck stand up on end.

Tremendous trailer.

An element that I like soo much which was revealed in a stream with the developers yesterday was that Geralt's hair and beard will grow as if in real life, prompting you to get it cut and shaved. Apparently it will also affect how people interact with you

They've literally thought of everything for this game