The Witcher 3

spud131

How long is the main storyline in this? I feel like I'm nearing an ending point, but I'm apparently only 9% through the game. I've done plenty of side missions in that time aswell, more than main mission ones for sure.

Still not even made it to Skellige. Just let Triss go and met Radovid

Nowhere near the end.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

How long is the main storyline in this? I feel like I'm nearing an ending point, but I'm apparently only 9% through the game. I've done plenty of side missions in that time aswell, more than main mission ones for sure.

Still not even made it to Skellige. Just let Triss go and met Radovid

Just had a quick look and from what I can see there are 10 main story quests on Skellige, plus without giving anything away you'll need to zip about between locations towards the end of the story.  You might be over-levelled by doing all the side quests and ? marks , by the end of the main story you should be low 30s to be at the recommended level to take on the final quests.

edit: so, ages yet. Again without giving anything away there''s a huge mission where you think you're hitting the end of the main story but then there's still loads after that.

Plus the 2 DLCs. Lucky b*****d.

Edited by Fuctifano

Nowhere near the end.

Just had a quick look and from what I can see there are 10 main story quests on Skellige, plus without giving anything away you'll need to zip about between locations towards the end of the story.  You might be over-levelled by doing all the side quests and ? marks , by the end of the main story you should be low 30s to be at the recommended level to take on the final quests.
edit: so, ages yet. Again without giving anything away there''s a huge mission where you think you're hitting the end of the main story but then there's still loads after that.
Plus the 2 DLCs. Lucky b*****d.

Cheers. Im at a point where there's a plot to kill Radovid, if that's any indication of things? Sort of felt like that was the end of it all to me, but I've literally completely forgotten about the Wild Hunt.

Cheers. Im at a point where there's a plot to kill Radovid, if that's any indication of things? Sort of felt like that was the end of it all to me, but I've literally completely forgotten about the Wild Hunt.

I missed that quest and when i got my ending i was raging i had

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure if that's even half way. If it is then it's just, and that's not including the fairly lengthy and involving DLC. 

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

I missed that quest and when i got my ending i was raging i had

I did it on my 2nd playthrough. Worth. I might even do a third after I get through DoW3

Could never get into this myself. Got bored when I got into the Skeligie Isles. Might be a weird thing to complain about, but the movement really annoyed me in it. Felt really clumsy and imprecise.

Its not just you, so many people complained about the controls that they patched in less floaty versions.

After getting Horizon completed I'm back into this, and realised why it was I stopped. I'm pretty much right at the start of Hearts of Stone at that fucking Toad Prince boss fight. I hate it with the power of a thousand suns. Dropped the difficulty level to the bottom just to get past it and still can't. Seething rage quit.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

After getting Horizon completed I'm back into this, and realised why it was I stopped. I'm pretty much right at the start of Hearts of Stone at that fucking Toad Prince boss fight. I hate it with the power of a thousand suns. Dropped the difficulty level to the bottom just to get past it and still can't. Seething rage quit.

That's where I am  as well.  It's a shiter

5 hours ago, forameus said:

I don't know what your play style is but drop it and just use igni. Even at weak levels. Dodge, igni, dodge, igni. Repeat for about 15 minutes until toad is satisfying charcoal colour with ash-like consistency. 

You're right though, a shite boring boss. 

I don't know what your play style is but drop it and just use igni. Even at weak levels. Dodge, igni, dodge, igni. Repeat for about 15 minutes until toad is satisfying charcoal colour with ash-like consistency. 
You're right though, a shite boring boss. 

I don't remember any other boss that is as unfair as that one...no spoilers but some of the end game ones I found tough but fair. You can see their pattern and Nick away at them no matter how you play. They really got it wrong with the road though, thing can brutalise you in seconds. I know dodging is a valid tactic but the way you have to do it here just seems like bad design in an otherwise brilliant game. Luckily hearts of stone is absolutely brilliant once you get past it.

Dunno I think it's just a boss you need to grind down at range. I wouldn't say it's unfair.

More like welcome to HoS: it's harder than the vanilla game, better get used to it.

If you think hes a b*****d make the wrong choice in BaW and you are in for pain. Toad prince was a first go for me... BaW was not even first 5

Finally managed to get past the frog Prince boss, but forgot that just a short while later you get another brutal fight with Olgierd. Not quite as bad as the first once you get the hang of the timing, but still, they really ramped up the difficulty a fair bit between the main game and the DLC.

Still a fucking masterpiece though.

On 2017-5-14 at 16:09, weirdcal said:

Just started new game plus. Level 56 drowners in white orchid. Crapping it for skellige

You'll enjoy it.  A proper challenge at points and you have to really think about the battles you go into.  I got caught in a group of about 8 Nekkers - you can take them out with about 3 hits, but when they're swarming around you it's hard to get hits off.  Only just about survived.