The Witcher 3

spud131

Yeah, you definitely can travel back to previous areas, there are very few things that are missable in the early stages of the game, and when you get close to the end of the main story (and I think again in the main story in B&W) a pop-up message tells you that you're approaching a significant fork in the story which will close off a lot of things so if you want to do them make a separate save point before you continue.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just  come a conclusion on the main game :)  and really enjoyed it .  Didn't  do too much with the alchemy/crafting/herbal side of things but brawn is sometimes enough.

Given that I can be easily discouraged when not getting through  a certain level (the bane of my gaming career), kudos goes to the story-line for keeping me  going 

Edited by The Old Northerner

Just completed Blood and Wine.

The Land of 1000 Fairytales [emoji1] [emoji1]

However, the cut scene at the end between the Duchess and her sister... There was a woman who walked right between them as they were about to hug. What?! Glitch surely! [emoji53] [emoji1]

Completed main quest... thought i had a bad ending until i realised it wasnt that bad.
Now at the wedding with vlodomir and shani in heart of stone. Loving it

On 07/03/2017 at 09:04, Saigon Raider said:

Really need to go back to this - got to the very final battle of Blood and Wine and couldn't beat it! Couldn't bring myself to reduce the difficulty but going to have to I reckon.

The different stages of the final boss fight are gimmicky. The 2nd stage is easy once you get the timing right. The 3rd is just hit and run, next  target, hit and run etc. And rotate until all the targets are down. 

I completed the main quest for the final time last night.  Still couldn't bring myself to do the things needed to get the bad ending, so ended up with the good one again, same as always.  But it's lovely, so it's all good.

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn and haven't even switched it on yet, so will have a go on that before I return to Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone.  Really looking forward to playing through the latter again, and going to make sure I get my money's worth out of the former after rushing through it last time just to get to the end.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Ok so I bought this the other day and have given it a whirl.

Everything is fucking solid in this game. I can't kill shit

Quen, dodge, stop fighting enemies way above your level, and turn the difficulty down in that order.