The Witcher 3

spud131

I've started on the DLC to this now, finished off the main game, I enjoyed the ending even if it felt a bit strung out getting there at times. Someone somewhere (possibly on here?) suggested watching through the cutscenes of the other 2 games on youtube which I started doing for the witcher 1, it's a pretty good idea to get a handle on the story, but if you're struggling to find time to play it, then you'll not have time to watch it on youtube lol. There's a lot of references to the other games through the story and bits where you're just like "?" but it doesn't really matter, still works great as a standalone game.

I don't find a lot of time for it tho, the curse of Rocket League.

Just started playing this today been excellent so far. Menus seem fine compared to what I've played before in other games.

Why is it that you have 4 slots for consumables in the inventory but can only use 2 during the game by pressing up/down on the D pad?  Is it the 2 consumables on the left hand side that are able to do this?

Did the Gwent tutorial in the Inn thought it seemed good tbh, the card organisation section in the menu looks like it'll take a bit of learning though.

Edited by Kool Keith

Just started playing this today been excellent so far. Menus seem fine compared to what I've played before in other games.
 Why is it that you have 4 slots for consumables in the inventory but can only use 2 during the game by pressing up/down on the D pad?  Is it the 2 consumables on the left hand side that are able to do this?
Did the Gwent tutorial in the Inn thought it seemed good tbh, the card organisation section in the menu looks like it'll take a bit of learning though.

Hold down or up on the D-pad to alternate between the 4 consumables.

I'm an alchemy guy. Basically immortal with the right build.

I've seen builds which are highly aimed around "infinite" toxicity and the benefits that brings with the right potions and abilities. Seems a bit meh to me.

I finished the main story last night, it's one of the best games I've ever played. Luckily I've got the DLCs, so going to get stuck right into them. Is it okay to do them both concurrently or should I do them one at a time?

As for the ending...I won't spoil it for anyone still playing, but I got a bad ending, which definitely put me in a bit of a huff.

I enjoyed all of the nods to fairy tales, particularly snow white and the seven dwarves towards the end.

I finished the main story last night, it's one of the best games I've ever played. Luckily I've got the DLCs, so going to get stuck right into them. Is it okay to do them both concurrently or should I do them one at a time?

As for the ending...I won't spoil it for anyone still playing, but I got a bad ending, which definitely put me in a bit of a huff.

I enjoyed all of the nods to fairy tales, particularly snow white and the seven dwarves towards the end.

First time around I got the bad ending. Was absolutely bealing and like you in the proper huff.

50 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Would do them in the order they came out. Blood and Wine is a great way to finish and arguably the most fun, certainly a lot of light hearted anachronisms / pop culture references though I still don't know what the accents in Toussaint are meant to be.

edit: if you like the fairy tales references, there's a huge mission in B&W which is basically Geralt fighting all the well known antagonists of those

Edited by Fuctifano

I got GOTY for £22.

Any advice for setting up a Gwent deck?  Do I just stick to Northern Realms to begin with and when do I start using the other decks like Nilfgardien Empire and Scoia'tael?

I've just chosen what I think is the best 22 cards and I think I can buy a new leader card in the tavern that allows me to remove all weather conditions as his special ability.

I got GOTY for £22.
Any advice for setting up a Gwent deck?  Do I just stick to Northern Realms to begin with and when do I start using the other decks like Nilfgardien Empire and Scoia'tael?
I've just chosen what I think is the best 22 cards and I think I can buy a new leader card in the tavern that allows me to remove all weather conditions as his special ability.

NR is a good starter deck. Start playing all the Velen Merchants/inn keeps and win their cards; you'll eventually get a few decent NR ones or neutral special cards. Best advice I can give you is to get as many spy cards, medics and decoys as you can in your deck whilst also keeping your best unit cards.

My leader is the same as the one you mention, and it's pretty good. Always make sure you have at least 2 weather cards in your deck though. I use the clear day one and torrential rain as standard. Biting frost is another which is necessary if you are playing Monster Decks or the Elves.

If you're starting the Velen Gwent quest give me a shout.