Bus lane Cameras in Glasgow

If you do get fined, it'll be £60 with it reduced to £30 if it's paid within a certain number of days (14 iirc).

I got fined for the one on West George Street, which seems to be one of the worst for catching people. The CCTV picture showed me leaving the lane about 10 feet after turning the corner and driving along it, once I realised I shouldn't have been there. My own fault, really, but still stingy as f**k.

I've heard that people have been fined for using this lane to park (in what a perfectly legal parking bays to the right of it). Apparently you're supposed to pull up on the left-hand lane, and reverse through the bus lane into your space. And then veer wide left to pull out of your space, through the bus lane and into the other one, when leaving. In other words, if you don't want to be fined there, drive fucking dangerously.

My office is on West George Street and I did exactly what you say - saw a parking space on the right hand side, drove into the bus lane for about 20 yards to get to space and got done for being in the bus lane.

I got the official line that you should drive to in line with the space then crab like park into the space whilst getting rear ended by either a bus or a taxi as that seems much more sensible.

Fuckers.

I was in Edinburgh last week playing "Spot the bus with more than 6 people on it". I saw one, heading for the airport.

try getting a 30 from Princes Street to Musselburgh- standing room only quite a lot of the time.

Last time I was in Glasgow I was impressed that there's a bus route that goes from East Kilbride through Glasgow city centre to Clydebank. On the other hand I can't think why anyone would want to travel from East Kilbride to Clydebank...

• 2 months later...

Here we go again,North hanover driving down "Towards" George Square after turning left from cathedral st street, Fucked or no fucked ???

Dunno mate. Whenever I'm driving in Glesga I have my GF barking directions at me like one of those rally car guys.

Here we go again,North hanover driving down "Towards" George Square after turning left from cathedral st street, Fucked or no fucked ???

It's fine, you can't go straight on. I think I'm right in saying you can't come up it from George Square but I drive down it all the time.

• 2 years later...

Archived