Bus lane Cameras in Glasgow

Accidently and Genuine turned into one which is across from the Royal Infirmary with entrance of it at Lea Pub just as you come off Motorway from Glasgow East & take a 1st sharp left..

Lookin at other bus lane cameras in city they all have red paint on road with a warnin. This street doesnt have paint but may have sign which i didnt notice and was only after i turned left went Shit n remebered for busesn taxis only,Rarely drive into town...

Anyone got a clue to my possible or not hopefully fine...

Thanks

If you do get fined, it'll be £60 with it reduced to £30 if it's paid within a certain number of days (14 iirc).

I got fined for the one on West George Street, which seems to be one of the worst for catching people. The CCTV picture showed me leaving the lane about 10 feet after turning the corner and driving along it, once I realised I shouldn't have been there. My own fault, really, but still stingy as f**k.

I've heard that people have been fined for using this lane to park (in what a perfectly legal parking bays to the right of it). Apparently you're supposed to pull up on the left-hand lane, and reverse through the bus lane into your space. And then veer wide left to pull out of your space, through the bus lane and into the other one, when leaving. In other words, if you don't want to be fined there, drive fucking dangerously.

c***s got me on Maryhill Road a couple of weeks ago. Was just past Munns pub and was queuing behind a load of traffic turning right while I was going straight on. Went into the bus lane for a brief second to pass the queuing traffic and it cost me £30.

Looked into it but general consensus is it's not worth the hassle of fighting as it will likely end up costing you more so I grudgingly paid the £30.

Accidently and Genuine turned into one which is across from the Royal Infirmary with entrance of it at Lea Pub just as you come off Motorway from Glasgow East & take a 1st sharp left..

Lookin at other bus lane cameras in city they all have red paint on road with a warnin. This street doesnt have paint but may have sign which i didnt notice and was only after i turned left went Shit n remebered for busesn taxis only,Rarely drive into town...

Thanks

Here? https://goo.gl/maps/3aNBa

Don't see any cameras, although the photo is from August. Equally the sign shown on google is wrong anyway, missing a bit.

c***s got me on Maryhill Road a couple of weeks ago. Was just past Munns pub and was queuing behind a load of traffic turning right while I was going straight on. Went into the bus lane for a brief second to pass the queuing traffic and it cost me £30.

Looked into it but general consensus is it's not worth the hassle of fighting as it will likely end up costing you more so I grudgingly paid the £30.

I got done for nipping in to that one for all of 10 feet right at the end of it to get into the empty lane for turning down QM Drive. At 4.01pm.

I was f*cking raging.

I got done for nipping in to that one for all of 10 feet right at the end of it to get into the empty lane for turning down QM Drive. At 4.01pm.

I was f*cking raging.

An absolute c**t of a lane, that one, because the one regular lane almost always has a queue for the lights to go straight along Maryhill Road.

On a bus lane related note, I had fine for using one in Edinburgh scrapped after complaints about it by quite a few others, as you had to use the bus lane to be able to turn into a busy road

P.s. Be careful who you send your details to for payment...keep them away from killie supporters from here????

Hey! We aren't that bad.........

I don't suppose you could give me your mothers madden name and PIN number?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

PM me your registration number, address and your bank details and I'll get this sorted for you for a tenner.

You're welcome.

First step on the slippery slope to full on bad-ass IMO. :P

P.s. Be careful who you send your details to for payment...keep them away from killie supporters from here

I'm clearly too late.

Bus lanes should be scrapped, motorists pay more tax than those on crappy subsidised buses why should they be made to wait just so people who don't pay road tax etc can get to work?

Aye, because bus lanes have absolutely nothing to do with encouraging people to travel into town using public transport with the aim of reducing city centre congestion and pollution, eh?

Aye, because bus lanes have absolutely nothing to do with encouraging people to travel into town using public transport with the aim of reducing city centre congestion and pollution, eh?

I was in Edinburgh last week playing "Spot the bus with more than 6 people on it". I saw one, heading for the airport.

Archived