How much do you pay for your Broadband?

I pay 43 quid a month for line rental, evening and weekend calls, fibre broadband unlimited and BT Sport.

Now with other options in fibre in my area, I would imagine I will be paying less when I renew/start a new deal when this one expires in July.

£37.50 a month with free any time calls, BT sport, a youview box I don't use but has a HHD I may salvage if needed, BT internet anywhere for moby, half price mobile phone charges, free caller display and some other shit I don't know I have.

Cheaper than what I used to have. Used to be with BE internet just because they were they best internet provider for broadband, unlimited and uncapped and problem free until SKY fucked me over by buying BE. Had an any time time phone package and rental with BT.

Had enough of SKY with their sneaky throttling on the fly capping my internet speed and tried to charge £15 a month sometimes for a download speed of 1.6mb at times.

One gripe though, I only ever get around 4mb at any time but I'm paying for a 16mb connection speed. I think internet providers are missing out getting customers who have shitty speeds with discounts for lower than 16mb which is the norm with these robbing bassas.

Line rental ?

Sorry, thats not exactly right. Im 15.95 for line rental and 4.99 for unlimited broadband. All weekend and evening calls are free though we dont use the house phone at all with having great mobile packages. The only reason the phone is there, is to receive the broadband

• 3 weeks later...

This is my package just now with sky

i2kohz.png

With Sky for the 2nd year as after my first year I did an online chat and asked them if I needed a mac code to change my BB (knew exactly what I was doing) as there were better deals out there. Eventually they offered me my broadband free for another year if I stayed with them. BB is unlimited, I use a load of bandwidth, speed is pretty constant too at between 14-16.

I think i will move to sky as BT are a joke - pay just under 30 a month and don't get anything over 4 - constantly letting me down when trying to watch footy on sky go

Do you know how far you are away from the exchange Throbber? I was with BT but they were a nightmare on the customer services side of things. I had a couple of short outages with Sky and they were great, called me back after to see how things were.

Do you know how far you are away from the exchange Throbber? I was with BT but they were a nightmare on the customer services side of things. I had a couple of short outages with Sky and they were great, called me back after to see how things were.

What do you mean the exchange? When we moved to this flat we met one of the sky guys that pesters you in the street and asked him for a sky and broadband package and he said no bother, on the day we moved in someone came to fit sky but not broadband, then when we asked him he said it wasn't fit for sky broadband ( as it was a new flat it didn't come up on their postcode finder) and the only option was to go to BT and it ws a case of the light being switched on our end and that was that. Pretty sure the building is wired up for BT use as the sockets have BT on them however when i look for the wi fi code there are virgin and sky broadband users within the building so f**k knows what to do. For pretty much the city centre the internet should easily be over 10 but as i said its on average 3!! Phone up BT and you get through to India, they say they have boosted what ever but nothing changes. We get BT sport out of it though so not all bad. I watched the everton man utd game there no bother but usually watching football is a challenge

What do you mean the exchange?

He means your local telephone exchange.

Yes, telephone exchange. the further you are away from it the slower your speed. If you are not in a contract with them any more give sky a call or try another provider. You'll lose BT sport of course.

Yes, telephone exchange. the further you are away from it the slower your speed. If you are not in a contract with them any more give sky a call or try another provider. You'll lose BT sport of course.

I have no idea how far away i am then - i might give sky a phone call then as they pay all the fees off themselves

£27.65 for up to 60mb with Virgin Media and I always get over 50mb. It's actually cheaper when you take the phone package as well or threaten to leave but I like not being tied into a contract and cant be bothered haggling at the minute. Have done so for my folks though so it does work.

I have no idea how far away i am then - i might give sky a phone call then as they pay all the fees off themselves

Have a look at this site https://www.samknows.com/broadband/

From this site you can pretty much find out everything you will need to know about what exchange you are on and what broadband options are available from that exchange

Archived