How much do you pay for your Broadband?

I think i will move to sky as BT are a joke - pay just under 30 a month and don't get anything over 4 - constantly letting me down when trying to watch footy on sky go

Beware you don't fall into the SKY sneaky capping system which fcuks over folk like us who only get 4mb if we are lucky. One day everything is fine and then the next day you are looking at 1.5mb or 2.5mb actual download speed.

There has been some corporate espionage between the big providers much like Windows and Apple. SKY may be fucking around with your SKYGO deliberately through BT so you will then move to SKY.

I have moved from SKY to BT and my download speed has been a solid 4mb thereabout but was constantly switching between 1.5mb & 2.5mb on a good day with SKY. Maybe because I refused to take their phone and TV package, who knows ?

Beware you don't fall into the SKY sneaky capping system which fcuks over folk like us who only get 4mb if we are lucky. One day everything is fine and then the next day you are looking at 1.5mb or 2.5mb actual download speed.

There has been some corporate espionage between the big providers much like Windows and Apple. SKY may be fucking around with your SKYGO deliberately through BT so you will then move to SKY.

I have moved from SKY to BT and my download speed has been a solid 4mb thereabout but was constantly switching between 1.5mb & 2.5mb on a good day with SKY. Maybe because I refused to take their phone and TV package, who knows ?

Oh f**k knows mate i just want internet like i had in my last flat - how hard can it be to get a decent broadband in the city centre area?! :lol:

Oh f**k knows mate i just want internet like i had in my last flat - how hard can it be to get a decent broadband in the city centre area?! :lol:

I worked on broadband support for 3 years for sky and I seen people in London struggle to get 1mb.

I pay 43 quid a month for line rental, evening and weekend calls, fibre broadband unlimited and BT Sport.

Now with other options in fibre in my area, I would imagine I will be paying less when I renew/start a new deal when this one expires in July.

How can you get fibre and I can't? Jammy fucker.

How can you get fibre and I can't? Jammy fucker.

Really? There is about a five minutes walk between our houses. I would imagine it will be getting done soon.

Really? There is about a five minutes walk between our houses. I would imagine it will be getting done soon.

Yeah I recently changed from BT to SKY and at the time I asked about Fibre, they said there was some delay in my postcode. BT are c***s.

• 2 years later...

Bump this...

Interesting to see what deals people are getting now compared to before.

I've just renewed my deal with Talk Talk, Fibre unlimited + you view box with sky sports on an 18 month contract £33 pm.

Pleasing because I was paying 32 a month for the last 4  months with it so I'm basically getting sky sports for a quid . although it's actually £8.50 , which is still very good.

On 08/08/2017 at 07:39, Co.Down Hibee said:

Bump this...

Interesting to see what deals people are getting now compared to before.

I've just renewed my deal with Talk Talk, Fibre unlimited + you view box with sky sports on an 18 month contract £33 pm.

Pleasing because I was paying 32 a month for the last 4  months with it so I'm basically getting sky sports for a quid . although it's actually £8.50 , which is still very good.

£58 a month with BT. That includes evening and weekend calls, caller display, access to BT mobile 4G on the go unlimited, Unlimited infinity 2 fibre broadband and their top HD TV package including BT 4K sports channel. Good enough for me at the moment.

50 quid with virgin, 100mb, line rental, weekend calls all the bells and whistles regading house phones which i dont use and the M tv package and tivo box, could probably reduce it but as its a package everything gets reduced, and with about 10 things hooked onto our wifi in this fucking house i'll keep the best speed i can thank you very much :lol:

Archived