largs v pollok goal or no goal

lokforever

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesnt look as though it crosses the line but definite penalty for hand ball. Is the Largs number 7 Graham Muir? Did he not get sent off in their last game, did Largs appeal it?

He got sent off against Glencairn. He won his appeal on the basis that the ref apparently put the wrong name in his report.

f**k sake at the end of the day pollok won, pollok will go up Largs will go down. Move on.

. Not over till the fat lady sings! Yes the odds are against us however there has been alot of positive signs! We do need a wee rub of the green, about time we had some!!!!

Positive signs don't win you points about 20 points roughly. Don't get me wrong like to see Largs stay up but it's just not happening for you guys and games are running out fast.

Ball didn't cross the line. Largs should have had a penalty for the handball ( and player booked). Largs player should have been booked for not playing to the whistle and catching the ball. Largs could have had a claim for a penalty as the Pollok No 5 was impeding the Largs player.

Saw a strange one at Townhead park yesterday as Cumnock were pressing for an equaliser. Cumnock player goes down under an innocuous challenge on the edge of the box and falls on top of the ball and catches it. The ref gives Cumnock a free kick when he should have been showing a yellow card to the Cumnock player for the handball and giving Talbot the free kick.

Think you need to take your black n white specs off. If that was at the other end of the park am sure your view would change. That's clearly a pen to Largs n a red card for the pollok boy

The specs I had on are blue, anyway the largs no7 fouls hanlon as he punches the ball so maybe the ref gave that. But you are right I would be shouting for a penalty.

Hanlon never squealed like a wee lassie at this point (strange cos he did it all game whenever a tackle was near him), but whether or not it went over the line it then became handball and penalty

Ball didn't cross the line. Largs should have had a penalty for the handball ( and player booked). Largs player should have been booked for not playing to the whistle and catching the ball. Largs could have had a claim for a penalty as the Pollok No 5 was impeding the Largs player.

Saw a strange one at Townhead park yesterday as Cumnock were pressing for an equaliser. Cumnock player goes down under an innocuous challenge on the edge of the box and falls on top of the ball and catches it. The ref gives Cumnock a free kick when he should have been showing a yellow card to the Cumnock player for the handball and giving Talbot the free kick.

?? Whit? It's a penalty and red card. Yellow card for no playing to whistle???????? goodnight????????

Couldn't make the game due to ill health but I'd say from the video that the ball wasn't over the line, though a penalty should have been awarded to Largs. I'm not sure it warrants a red card as the ball wasn't travelling towards goal at the time Hanlon handled it.

The Largs players decision to catch the ball only made it easier to give a Pollok free kick, however.

Archived