Gangs Of .....

There's an East Kilbride gang that steal people's shoes. Death is too good for some of these scumbags imo.

I was waiting on a bus when I was about 13 and a slightly older ned told me he was having my new Adidas Torsion.

I told him to sook ma erse before battering him to within an inch of his life and didn't say "Aww come on, ye've got tae be kidding, eh!" In a whiny voice.

I definitely didn't do that.

Schemegoblins galore on here!

I attribute growing up in a shit area with giving me a good character, making me street smart and having an open mind about people down on their luck.

You see it all growing up in those schemes and it teaches you to appreciate the good things that come your way.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to hear stories of the Dunipace Cuckoo Posse. I always assumed this was made up cos the name was so hilarious. Apparently they used to meet up with other gangs down at the canal for petrol bomb fights.

Did they sleep with each other's girlfriends?

some from north ayrshire

ITOW (incorporated thugs of whitehirst)

This is a handy trick I'm surprised more young teams don't go in for - essentially meaning members have their liability limited to the capital they invested.

grew up in clermiston and never really heard it called ycj. YCD, aye. never really saw anyone that was in either (80's-90's). Boys from clerry i knew were mainly in the almond youth.

i can remember being about nine up cortstorphine hill, mate said "keep an eye out for Drumie boys". next thing you know about eight of them pop out from behind bushes with home made bows and arrows. chased us to my front door. weird, surreal and mental. true story

YOB (Young Oakley Boys) v The Toon (anyone not from Oakley) was always a good tear up that would flair up from time to time in Dunfermline.

YOB Oakley

BYT Blairhall

Valley boys Valleyfield

BYT Brucefield

AVTOI Abbeyview

Pitcorthie, not sure they had a name but joined up with Abbeyview and Brucefield on occasion

CSS - One genuine casual gang from Dunfermline. They were actually decent guys who left you alone rather than the tinks who just caused trouble.

Got into bother with hibs and this resulted in someone getting axed at a nightclub.

CSB - Young CSS, casuals were dying out when they were around but used to fight Oakley etc at school when I was there.

All pretty tame compared to Glasgow gangs etc but pretty shit if one of them were after you.

I was wee we used to sit on the kid's roundabout (not the traffic kind!) and watch the local gangs clash in the park with our cans of 7 Up and a 10p mixture. It was like the local equivalent of children's theatre.

It was the arse end of the punk/skinhead era and I distinctly remember one guy getting his head stoved right in by a couple of guys wielding bullet belts.

A lot of my pals at that time were catholics who had much older brothers, 10, 15 years older, so we knew a lot of the gang guys. They were like our heroes. We weren't exactly a baby crew or anything but we'd hang around with them sometimes to bask in reflected glory. They were grand with us by the way, no telling us to f**k off.

The top guy was a supermarket manager last I heard!

KIRKTON YOUNG TEAM YA BAS. FT YOKER TOI

Kirkton was the set of flats I was brought up in. Fortunately I didn't associate myself with these people but I recognise all their faces. We actually had a decent gang back in the day IIRC but the current crop (well, those in the video) were shite.

Archived