John Potter: Time is up.

I like every Pars fan wanted Potter to succeed in the role, but for whatever reason it just ain't working.

Results have been dire (an odd win here or there doesn't cut it). I think Potter would gain more respect if he were to call it a day now. Playoffs are a slim to non existent possibility and on current form the first tie would be over in the first leg.

Pars fans can't go on watching this week after week, it is like watching death from a slow painful disease.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be no gain, in leaving now. Bear in mind the limited finances at the club, which is probably the reason JP was handed the job.

Also we can,t go forward with this group of players anyway. A total overhaul required in the close season, both managerial, and playing staff.

I like every Pars fan wanted Potter to succeed in the role, but for whatever reason it just ain't working.

Results have been dire (an odd win here or there doesn't cut it). I think Potter would gain more respect if he were to call it a day now. Playoffs are a slim to non existent possibility and on current form the first tie would be over in the first leg.

Pars fans can't go on watching this week after week, it is like watching death from a slow painful disease.

This sounds awfully similar to another team that plays in black and white. Roberts lasted two years from similar type posts

A rookie manager who inherited Jefferies' failing team. Give him next season to make his own arrangements.

^^^ in no way an attempt to get Albion Rovers 12 easy points next season.

Not sure if it's the players - if they aren't giving their best then fair enough. But think it's more to do with what they're being told to do.

If they're not giving their best collectively who's fault is that? The manager.

If the tactics are not right who's fault is that?The manager.

If the team selection doesn't work who's fault is that? The manager.

If fitness is an issue (why are they second to every ball) who's fault is that? The manager.

If he thinks that they're "looking good" in training then they produce the non event, no show, worst home result in recent memory (and yes we can include 1-8 Celtic) then he is either being conned or is seeing something there that no one who was at the game today can. First shot on target at 85 minutes says it all.

I've never called for a manager to be sacked, and I'm not asking the board to sack Potter. I just think he should do the honourable thing and tender his resignation tomorrow. For the good of the club.

Would be no gain, in leaving now. Bear in mind the limited finances at the club, which is probably the reason JP was handed the job.

Also we can,t go forward with this group of players anyway. A total overhaul required in the close season, both managerial, and playing staff.

Limited finances? "Biggest budget" in the division I've heard mooted. Other teams run on a shoestring have outperformed us this season. Might as well go now as the season is effectively over unless Brechin can have a real meltdown, not score any points until the end of the season and we bag a couple of lucky wins.

The fat lady sang.

He's hardly going to resign from the only managerial job he will ever have when there is still an outside possibility of reaching the play-offs, and then who knows. He has nothing to gain from resigning and to be honest, neither to Dunfermline. You've been rubbish under two managers this season, your players aren't good enough, the managers have just been the icing on a big pile of mediocrity.

Archived