hurlford/talbot.....talbot/hurlford

maurice shavez

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best team won today for me Talbot where never in any danger even at 1-0 and the keeper sent off you just had that feeling Auchinleck would come back into it, which they did and won the game. They have a will and a spirit no other junior team can match that's why they are the best club junior football has ever seen.

Ally Brown, Talbots MOM, superb performance from the ford keeper!!!!

must have been getting pelters from the shed the behind the goals after butch scored directly from a corner. so went and stood on his 18yd.line.you will see the outcome later if it doesn`t end up on the editors floor.

its a funny old game. :lol:

Great second half as a neutral, ally brown will have nightmares about it , thought the no 6 for hurl ford cruised the game , ref had a good game both players had to go . If I was to be honest I thought hurl ford on open play where the better team but then again didn't need to attack because of the first leg ... Best of luck in the final I will be there cheering you on

Didn't manage last weeks game. So couldn't comment on the diving by ford players but after seeing them today it was shocking don't know who no10 was but he went down at the slightest of touches was quite embarrassing

Not much excitement in the opening 45 mins.

2nd half was quite astonishing. Big Andy sent packing for clattering a Hurlford lad inside the box.

David Gormley wrote himself into a Talbot folklore by heroically diving to his right to push Keano's spot kick away for a corner.

Talbot fans fav Hurlford player Ross Robertson got his side level when he leaped unchallenged on the 6 yd line to power home a right wing corner.

Keano's picked up a 2nd yellow for a reckless challenge on a Talbot player inside his own half.

My MOM & Talbots best player this season Bryan Young fired a left wing corner into the Hurlford net to put his side 2-1 in front. He cheekily repeated the same move smashing the ball off the Hurlford crossbar from the same spot.

Sponsors MOM Keir Milliken completed a remarkable afternoons entertainment when he lobbed the ball over Alstair Browns head from around 40 yards out.

Officials had a good afternoon & contributed to a superb afternoons entertainment.

First half was pretty dull. Hurlford had most of the possession and Talbot were content to sit in, soak the pressure up and go on the counter-attack.

Within minutes of the second half starting things came to life. First Leishman took down Ross Robertson as he was clear through on goal and was red carded as a result. Gormley then went in goals and saved Kean's penalty (it looked like a crap penalty and Gormley was at least 5 yards off his line when the ball was struck). Kean was booked for trying to get the ball a bit too vigorously. Then Hurlford scored from the subsequent corner. Then Kean was given a second yellow for stupidly going in late for a challenge. Then Talbot scored two bizarre goals - one direct from a corner which left the keeper flapping, and the second a long range shot which he seemed to lose in the air.

And from that moment on not a lot happened. I can't say Talbot were the better team today but I don't think they would have conceded a goal if it weren't for their goalkeeper being sent off. They were certainly better over the two legs though.

Will the goal keeper be banned for the final?

First half was pretty dull. Hurlford had most of the possession and Talbot were content to sit in, soak the pressure up and go on the counter-attack.

Within minutes of the second half starting things came to life. First Leishman took down Ross Robertson as he was clear through on goal and was red carded as a result. Gormley then went in goals and saved Kean's penalty (it looked like a crap penalty and Gormley was at least 5 yards off his line when the ball was struck). Kean was booked for trying to get the ball a bit too vigorously. Then Hurlford scored from the subsequent corner. Then Kean was given a second yellow for stupidly going in late for a challenge. Then Talbot scored two bizarre goals - one direct from a corner which left the keeper flapping, and the second a long range shot which he seemed to lose in the air.

And from that moment on not a lot happened. I can't say Talbot were the better team today but I don't think they would have conceded a goal if it weren't for their goalkeeper being sent off. They were certainly better over the two legs though.

Will the goal keeper be banned for the final?

keeper not banned

Two big strong well organised teams going at it today, both better than my current glens team.

First half was terrible long balls being pumped either way from both teams.

Shame to have such a good surface and not use it.

When both sides tried to pass in the second half it was actually much more effective and enjoyable to watch.

Over the two games the best team win imo.

Ross Robertson becoming a laughing stock with his antics. Initially it appeared to be sour grapes after last years cup final but now it's out there for all to see, a diving cheating disgrace of an individual!

Talbot keeper had to go and what a save from Gorms from the resulting penalty.

Can't help but feel that was the catalyst for Kean's frustration which saw him picking up two stupid bookings.

Missed a pen, sent off and effectively cost his a team the tie, no exactly a carlsberg Saturday for him.

The ford keeper will take a lot of stick for the second goal but full credit to milliken for a great finish.

Finally to all my hurlford friends, hendo, taz, demps, jack sugden farmer boys, hufc, killiepiyo, German exile,dugootdancer, and all the others I've forgotten, get it right up you !

Hurlford no 10 absolute disgrace to Junior football should have been sent off for blatant diving . Could enter the Olympics and win a Gold. Tom Daly would be proud of him. Result justice is done to a shower of overpaid under achievers.

An absolute disgrace of a player. At one point he was running with a talbot player and was odds on favourite to win the ball before going down without being touched. He's an embarrassment and a cheat.

An absolute disgrace of a player. At one point he was running with a talbot player and was odds on favourite to win the ball before going down without being touched. He's an embarrassment and a cheat.

Correct, I never saw last weeks game and after reading on here about his antic's and seeing first hand today.................Robertson is an out and out cheat. He doesn't deserve to be playing football and the quicker he is gone from the game the better.

Poor decision by hurlford manager Darren Henderson playing ally brown.

Why? He's there 1st choice keeper and a very good one at that. Made 2 bad mistakes today but that can happen to any keeper. Unfortunately today it was in such an important game. Could the 2nd goal be partially put down to the sun?

Game defo better 2nd half baldy number 10 defo should be ashamed to pull on football boots gormley's save brilliant as was both talbot goals but big shout to the ford fans for shaking gorms hand at full time here's hoping you give us a good run for the rest of the season( but not to good)

Archived