Death

P45

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as it is quick and relatively painless , something terminal or long term would be utterly soul destroying , just basically counting the days and actually releasing it might be the last time you see your loved ones . as for being dead itself , don't fear as you won't have a clue because to put it simply you will be deid .

Christ, what a question!

I would think that I'm a little older than most on this forum (41). At my age it's not uncommon to go to funerals of people that are of a similar age. I've probably drank and smoked to much over the years so yes, I do think of dying from time to time. I also get a bit paranoid with aches and pains thinking it's some sort of cancer!

Am I afraid of dying? Not really. The lights go out and that's pretty much it. I would be utterly devastated, however, if I couldn't live long enough to see my children grow up and be confident that they would be ok without me. That's the one fear that can keep me up at night!

I'm 62 - definitely the older generation.

Both my parents are dead, all my aunts and uncles are dead, my mother and father in law are both dead, most of my wife's aunts and uncles are dead, two of my cousins are dead, one older* one younger.

Two of my secondary school friends died while we were at school.

3 work colleagues (all younger than I am - one was born the year I started work) have died in the last 3 years.

The point? Any of us could go at any time.

Being dead doesn't frighten me, dying does if it involves lingering on, wasting away.

My (step) children are all grown up and managing fine without any help from me (other than the fact that I am still alive so can help if they want/need it), now I would like to live long enough to see the grandchildren grow up!

* The older cousin died at a very young age - 40

Both my parents are dead, all my aunts and uncles are dead, my mother and father in law are both dead, most of my wife's aunts and uncles are dead, two of my cousins are dead, one older* one younger.

3 work colleagues (all younger than I am - one was born the year I started work) have died in the last 3 years.

Being dead doesn't frighten me, dying does if it involves lingering on, wasting away.

My (step) children are all grown up and managing fine without any help from me (other than the fact that I am still alive so can help if they want/need it), now I would like to live long enough to see the grandchildren grow up!

I don't know you.

We don't share any relatives.

I've never met you.

Never even been in the same district as you.

^^^Fortunately he likes steak pie.

Archived