Death

P45

Bury me with the scottish cup final programme, a football and a bottle of buckfast.

With any luck the Egyptians were correct and I'll have some entertainment for my journey to the afterlife.

If not I'll confuse the f**k out of archaeologists in the future.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bit of a taboo topic but what are the P&B posters's thoughts on death? Especially your own death.

Are you afraid of death, or do you see it as a normal thing?

No fear, it's going to happen anyway.

Do you fear getting old and your body or mind deteriorating?

Already pretty old, not too concerned about "deterioration"

Do you think about what happens after death and eternal oblivion?

I will be reincarnated as a cat, eat sleep and do f**k all else!

What would you like to achieve before you die? Would you like to have created some sort of legacy before you die?

Already have, some of the kids I've taught have achieved amazing things, and I have 2 wonderful granddaughters.

Has anyone close to you died?

Yes, several people, family and friends.

Just interested.

There you are.

Not to sound too morbid - although this is a thread about death - but are there actually any deceased former P&B members?

I'd be quite disturbed if any of them answered this question.

Am i afraid of death? I think you are probably a liar if you said you weren't afraid of death.

Is it the act of dying that frightens you, or being dead? I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to the dying part, although hopefully I'll be able to accept it when it comes. The thought of being dead doesn't worry me at all.

Not to sound too morbid - although this is a thread about death - but are there actually any deceased former P&B members?

I've never known if the Pacman83 story was true but there is a poster on here who passed away a few years back. I'm not going to name him, his son is also a member of P&B so it wouldn't really be fair to, but the answer to your question is yes.

Is it the act of dying that frightens you, or being dead? I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to the dying part, although hopefully I'll be able to accept it when it comes. The thought of being dead doesn't worry me at all.

I had someone phone me up organising his insurance to be dealt with by his children from the end of the month, naturally I asked him what the reason was.

He had terminal cancer and was told he had about 2 months so wanted to make sure his family had no issues with any of his affairs after his death.

I'd hate to go that way, rather it was over quickly.

I had someone phone me up organising his insurance to be dealt with by his children from the end of the month, naturally I asked him what the reason was.

He had terminal cancer and was told he had about 2 months so wanted to make sure his family had no issues with any of his affairs after his death.

Yep. Ideally, I'd rather not know anything about it. Tony Soprano style.

Its not so much dying I'm afraid of, its the realisation that one day, anyday, Ill just stop existing. No darkness, no thoughts, nothing. Gone. Thats scary, if you say its not then you're lying, as quite simply its the most terrifying thing your subconscious will ever come across and at some level it'll terrify you. I can't even enjoy the thought of an afterlife, as I'm pretty sure that nothing will last for "eternity", as that concept just seems stupid, everything will end, so ergo one day, even if there is an afterlife, I'll still just end one day. I'd take pretty much any form of life, afterlife, anything, as long as I got to stay as me, but it likely won't happen.

These sort of thoughts can stick in my mind for weeks at a time, and its pretty hard to shake off.

Who really knows though, as theres scientific proof on both sides of the divide (trust me, I looked into it all), so you could argue either way. Just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Are you afraid of death, or do you see it as a normal thing?

Do you fear getting old and your body or mind deteriorating?

Do you think about what happens after death and eternal oblivion?

What would you like to achieve before you die? Would you like to have created some sort of legacy before you die?

Has anyone close to you died?

---

Yes

Very yes

No

Yes. I deliberated a bit more before typing yes this time, since it's something I struggle with quite a lot.

No

Did you put him on hold?

Archived