Airdrie v Stenny

Stupid revenge lunge for the red, no foul on Prunty although Ref refused to stop the game even though he was obviously in trouble yet he stopped it earlier when one of ours was simply holding his leg.

Great result seeing Luca was on international duty, keep it up lads.

Docherty was excellent, Gray made a good case for inclusion in the starting XI next week, Liam Linsday didn't put a foot wrong. Scott Fraser was better than last week, but not up to his earlier standards, and I'm still not convinced by Jordan Morton.

We really were cruising at 2-0, and I've no idea how their goal went in. Did it take a deflection, or did McNeil just mess it up? Either way, Stenny put us under pressure after that, and their guy who got himself sent off really let his teammates down.

Booth has left us in a right state. The whole midfield was out of their depth and without McMullan and McMenamin we are quite hopeless. Only Airdrie's calamity keeper made it respectable. Airdrie were no great shakes but they didn't need to be.

Harsh red card but we were never going to equalise. Fleming cleared the ball and collided with Prunty. It wasn't even a foul.

As has been said, if a team chooses to kick the ball out so that one of their own players can get treatment then why should they get the ball back. It may well have become etiquette but it's nonsensical.

Glad to see some people agree with me.

The way I've been getting on Twitter and facebook over the last few hours you'd think I personally delivered Lister's dodgy fish supper. Simply confounding how, after a win, some folk can turn in such a backlash.

As has been said, if a team chooses to kick the ball out so that one of their own players can get treatment then why should they get the ball back. It may well have become etiquette but it's nonsensical.

9 times out of 10 the ball gets returned, it was unsporting behaviour and nothing else.

Regardless of whether it was a foul or even a card Prunty landed badly and was in a bit of trouble so it was right that play was stopped regardless of who put the ball out of play.

Airdrie would have returned the ball.

I wasn't there yesterday but as soon as I seen that team and the midfield in particular we had no chance. Seriously a few of them would not get a game for any other senior club including Montrose.

9 times out of 10 the ball gets returned, it was unsporting behaviour and nothing else.

Regardless of whether it was a foul or even a card Prunty landed badly and was in a bit of trouble so it was right that play was stopped regardless of who put the ball out of play.

Airdrie would have returned the ball.

It wasn't a foul therefore couldn't have been a card.

9 times out of 10 Stenhousemuir would have given the ball back.

Point I was making was that there should not be an expectation for the opposition to kick the ball back when they've put the ball out the park to stop the game. Imagine the scenario, you're winning 2-1 with only minutes to go. One of your players goes down "injured". You kick the ball out so he can get treatment, which is to your advantage. The ref stops the game, which is to your advantage. You then expect to get the ball back, which is to your advantage. Teams use it as a tactic to waste time and wind the clock down.

The ref should be the only person who decides whether to stop a game.

Oh, and I'm not suggesting Prunty wasn't injured.

It wasn't a foul therefore couldn't have been a card.

9 times out of 10 Stenhousemuir would have given the ball back.

Point I was making was that there should not be an expectation for the opposition to kick the ball back when they've put the ball out the park to stop the game. Imagine the scenario, you're winning 2-1 with only minutes to go. One of your players goes down "injured". You kick the ball out so he can get treatment, which is to your advantage. The ref stops the game, which is to your advantage. You then expect to get the ball back, which is to your advantage. Teams use it as a tactic to waste time and wind the clock down.

The ref should be the only person who decides whether to stop a game.

Oh, and I'm not suggesting Prunty wasn't injured.

Didn't say it was a foul or card, simply saying Prunty landed heavily and at one point it looked like he was k.o'd.

Meanwhile the ref was in our half following the play. When it potentially could be a serious injury are you saying the ref should be the only one to stop play?

I would expect our players to do the decent thing regardless of the time or situation in the game. It's only a game of football after all.

I would expect our players to do the decent thing regardless of the time or situation in the game. It's only a game of football after all.

I think you're wrong. Stenny are scrapping against relegation and had us on the back foot in the last ten minutes, with a chance of getting an important point. They're quite entitled to use the ball as they see fit in that situation. If we are in the same position, I'd be baying at our players to do the same.

Archived