Forfar v stirling albion

so am i. he's 40 year old yet still calling players who are like 15 years younger than him "diving c***s"

Poor wee boys . 40 year old and better than the whole of your shambles of a defence put together .

On another note , hilsons finish was sublime

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Could have been a different story had Stirling taken a few chances, especially the one through on Big Rab.

Thought the subs were right, at the right time.

Hilson a finish was, as stated before, sublime.

Guest bernardblack

Aye. Dunlop played well, but Travis offers more support to the rather slow Dods.

Alernative would be Baxter on the left, Travis on the right and Yano in the mid again.

No...no....NO!

There's so much wrong with that suggestion I don't know where to start.

Just no.

No...no....NO!

There's so much wrong with that suggestion I don't know where to start.

Just no.

How so? It worked against Morton, albeit Malcolm instead of Dunlop. Can't see anything that would merit "so much wrong".

Yano and Dods were brutally exposed against Airdrie. Dods has been superb this year but his pace, or lack of, really is starting to show. Another slow defender does not help.

Having the strongest back four is surely the first step to winning games.

I echo this . We have enough good midfielders to be playing a left back in there

The response was mainly aimed at the back four and not the midfield. That said, Yano certainly did well as a defensive midfielder, hence the suggestion.

Good win; much-needed boost to goal difference in relation to our main rivals in title race; job done.

Only real disappointment is that Peterhead were unable to take anything from Stranraer - didn't see Dunfermline taking anything from Morton so, no surprise there.

In relation to the Travis/Dunlop debate - when does Yano's spell with us end? This may force our hand in terms of selection. On the same subject - would a Travis/Dunlop partnership be the way forward next season or do we have another season or two from Malcolm - not wanting to be seen to dismiss Darren Dods for next year, but reading that his lack of pace is really beginning to show.

Good win; much-needed boost to goal difference in relation to our main rivals in title race; job done.

Only real disappointment is that Peterhead were unable to take anything from Stranraer - didn't see Dunfermline taking anything from Morton so, no surprise there.

In relation to the Travis/Dunlop debate - when does Yano's spell with us end? This may force our hand in terms of selection. On the same subject - would a Travis/Dunlop partnership be the way forward next season or do we have another season or two from Malcolm - not wanting to be seen to dismiss Darren Dods for next year, but reading that his lack of pace is really beginning to show.

Malcolm old boy said to me a few weeks back that he might have kicked his last ball for Forfar

Guest bernardblack

How so? It worked against Morton, albeit Malcolm instead of Dunlop. Can't see anything that would merit "so much wrong".

Yano and Dods were brutally exposed against Airdrie. Dods has been superb this year but his pace, or lack of, really is starting to show. Another slow defender does not help.

Having the strongest back four is surely the first step to winning games.

What's this obsession with having to fit Yano in the team?

If we have to make a change to the back four and he doesn't fit there, stick him on the bench.

The centre of the park is our strongest area and I hate when he plays there ahead of Young, Hubby, Foxy, Malin or Dale.

What's this obsession with having to fit Yano in the team?

If we have to make a change to the back four and he doesn't fit there, stick him on the bench.

The centre of the park is our strongest area and I hate when he plays there ahead of Young, Hubby, Foxy, Malin or Dale.

Absolutely no obsession at all. Would rather not have him in the back 4 at all, so IF he was to play it would be in the middle.

Being honest though, the middle of the park was not so hot in the winter months (if you pardon the very bad pun). That may have had something to do with the United loanee, Smith, playing every week.

Yano's stay was extended to the end of the season. Travis, as far as I know, is only signed to the end of the season too.

Dods is still playing well but I think we can only afford to keep him in the back four if the other 3 have some pace.

That said, Stirling were nippy up front yesterday and Yano did well against them.

Archived