Brechin v Peterhead

A real playoff 'six pointer' tomorrow night. A win for us will give us a fairly comfortable 7 point cushion with 6 games to go whilst on the other hand a defeat will leave us in a pretty fragile position.

I see the club have reduced admission prices to £5 for adults and concessions free of charge. Hats off to them for trying to entice a few more fans through the gates. Must say I was bitterly disappointed with the turnout for a big local derby on Saturday. Didn't look more than the usual 400-450. Will be interesting to see if the reduced prices have any effect.

Jamie Masson has re-signed on loan from Aberdeen which is a huge boost - just a shame we couldn't have got him in a couple of weeks ago. He gives us so much more of a threat from set pieces as his free kicks and delivery from corners is generally excellent.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A real playoff 'six pointer' tomorrow night. A win for us will give us a fairly comfortable 7 point cushion with 6 games to go whilst on the other hand a defeat will leave us in a pretty fragile position.

I see the club have reduced admission prices to £5 for adults and concessions free of charge. Hats off to them for trying to entice a few more fans through the gates. Must say I was bitterly disappointed with the turnout for a big local derby on Saturday. Didn't look more than the usual 400-450. Will be interesting to see if the reduced prices have any effect.

Jamie Masson has re-signed on loan from Aberdeen which is a huge boost - just a shame we couldn't have got him in a couple of weeks ago. He gives us so much more of a threat from set pieces as his free kicks and delivery from corners is generally excellent.

Will be down for this one, so hoping for a good game. A repeat of the performance of both teams at Balmoor would be most welcome!!

Thats good that Masson is back. I would like to see Tapping play more of a part as we had a bit more urgency when he came on as a subby on Saturday. Nice gesture from the club with the fiver entry fee. Hope people take them up on jt. Must win this.

Ye I got a wee bit criticism for suggesting doing it on Sat , I just feel Brechin folk have fallen out of the way of goin to games , even an extra 100 s a lot for club s our size! There are fan s out there it's just trying to entice them back and keeping them ! I was impressed with Forfars support on Sat ( maybe did not agree with their opinions ) but they brought thru a good crowd.....

Another idea for maybe Dunfermline game is hand in free kids admission tickets to all the local primary schools for every child , then some might want to attend but obviously a parent would have to accompany the young er ones , even The High School try a big push ! Just for one game see what happens ,,

Anyway onto tomorrow , big 3 points needed ! Lose and the confidence will go big time ! Good to see Masson back , I m sure players ll be up for it !

From the title challengers point of view, hard to judge what is the best result tonight.

If Brechin win, it cements their play off position and pretty much ends the hopes of the playoffs for Dunfermline, Airdrie and Peterhead, but brings Brechin back into the title race and makes it a 4 horse race, especially with them having to play both Morton and Stranraer.

If Peterhead win or its a draw, it blows the play off place wide open with 4 teams fighting it out for 1 position. All 3 title challengers have 3 games against these 4 teams who will be fighting for every point.

If Brechin win, it cements their play off position and pretty much ends the hopes of the playoffs for Dunfermline, Airdrie and Peterhead, but brings Brechin back into the title race and makes it a 4 horse race, especially with them having to play both Morton and Stranraer.

Even if Brechin win tonight I think it will be a tall order for us to win the league - we'd probably have to win the games against Morton and Stranraer and also gain 4 more points than Forfar (at least) who have a very favourable run in. Not going to happen. We'll keep battling away but after Saturday's result I think our main focus is just to stay in the play-offs and a win tonight would be a huge stride towards achieving that.

Even if Brechin win tonight I think it will be a tall order for us to win the league - we'd probably have to win the games against Morton and Stranraer and also gain 4 more points than Forfar (at least) who have a very favourable run in. Not going to happen. We'll keep battling away but after Saturday's result I think our main focus is just to stay in the play-offs and a win tonight would be a huge stride towards achieving that.

Yeah agree it would be difficult but the way this league has been this season, certainly not impossible.

Working late tonight so a bit gutted I can't make it down. I think the way our form works is we only lose to teams from the bottom of the table so I think a win is on the cards ;) Although tbh I can't see it happening our away form is dire and we can't keep a clean sheet, we will have to hope Brechin play like they did at Balmoor the other week or it will be a loss for us.

:lol:

Page was last updated on the 24th January, so i assume that's when the game was originally postponed?

Never noticed that. You'd think they would update it if they were using the same page. :lol:

Archived