115,000 SNP Members

Colkitto

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general I don't, but he is simply here to draw people into slagging matches. He never comments on the actual topic at hand, I admittedly let myself down there.

Would you like a wee hug? How about a mug of ovaltine?

It was billed as the start of that road. The same road that took a detour a few months back. Course, ul win the next one.

Maybe so, still doesn't make it an indyref though. And yes, I agree the next one (indyref2) will be a yes vote.

How long do u think it needs to be left before that is truly likely to happen?

The next couple of years is too soon IMO, don't think I could go through all that again just yet. The SNP have to be certain of a victory when they push for it again. The smith commission shambles and a potential EU exit may just make it a bit closer though. 6/7 years time is my guess.

There is no moral obligation to wait a specific period of time to hold the next referendum. The only criteria should be do we think people will vote YES, are there sufficient funds in place and can we mobilise people for a campaign?

Most people in Scotland think we will be independent sooner or later; the sooner the better IMO.

Would you be happy to hold another referendum to rejoin he UK so quickly had the vote been yes?

I'm afraid that will never happen. As the no side told us, after a yes there is no going back its forever. When there is a yes to indyref 2 there will be no more referendums.

I love how stressed out the unionists get over this:

'YOU LOST, REMEMBER! MOVE ON!'

I can imagine that opponents to all progressive campaigns have felt a similar frustration:

'Its been debated in parliament and they've decided that women are not to get the vote. Now will you stop smashing windows and causing a nuisance and just MOVE ON!'

'What do you mean poor people should have unemployment and sickness benefits? Pensions? Just giving old people money for nothing? The government can't possibly afford to do anything like that. Time to MOVE ON!'

'Look we've discussed it and no matter how many marches and bloody parades you have the fact remains that homosexual acts are still illegal. Its the law, its been decided. Just MOVE ON!'

'All this talk about a Scottish parliament - we had a referendum in 1979 and you lost, MOVE ON! Its never going to happen.'

Anyhoo, thoughts on the FMs speech?

Abolish the House of Lords.

Removal of the NHS from TTIP

A fairer voting system

An end to slash and burn austerity cuts.

NO MORE TRIDENT

It's the type of speech that Labour should be making, I suspect the Daily Mail are having a fit at the moment ????

You are of course correct I was referring to the fact the devolution ref failed as well.

1979 devolution referendum votes:

Yes - 1,230,937

No - 1,153,502

Percentages:

Yes - 51.62%

No - 48.38%

.....Another resounding endorsement of the Union.

Archived