115,000 SNP Members

Colkitto

It's the political equivalent of joining a supporters club. Votes count, not how many people join a club.

It means a lot of funding for the campaign. If every member paid the same subs as I do, £5 a month, it means £6 million a year in party coffers.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full respect to people who have joined, but I haven't and wont. I tried to in the immediate aftermath of the result, but decided against it in the end. They have my vote for as long as it takes though.

It's the political equivalent of joining a supporters club. Votes count, not how many people join a club.

You are an idiot.

Members mean boots on the ground knocking doors and leafleting as well as money for campaign materials, leaflets, newsletters, paid party officials, campaign offices,advertising etc

You know - I live in Glasgow Central, which I imagine is a target seat for the SNP at this election, and I've not received a single leaflet from them through my door yet.

Labour have had two through, both of which were immediately thrown in the bin.

You know - I live in Glasgow Central, which I imagine is a target seat for the SNP at this election, and I've not received a single leaflet from them through my door yet.

That's Anas Sarwar's seat, isn't it?

Man I hope he gets booted to f**k in May.

I live next to the Art School - haven't received a single leaflet from either party. It should be a target seat for the SNP given the state Labour are in, both parties should be going all out to win votes around that area. It would need a big swing in favour of the SNP for them to clinch it, Sarwar was dominant in 2010.

Aye, I'm in Edinburgh West and have had a few from the incumbent Lib Dems but only one from the SNP.

I'm not sure how many voters are going to be swung by a leaflet anyway, though.

I live next to the Art School - haven't received a single leaflet from either party. It should be a target seat for the SNP given the state Labour are in, both parties should be going all out to win votes around that area. It would need a big swing in favour of the SNP for them to clinch it, Sarwar was dominant in 2010.

The bookies have the SNP odds on. 1/2 or thereabouts mostly.

I only received one canvasser at my door during the referendum also, admittedly though I did receive a rake more leaflets from both sides then.

I'm beginning to worry that the SNP are taking things for granted a bit. I've not seen much of a presence in the city centre yet.

Charlie Kennedy loves a leaflet. Think we get one a week. All of them binned. To be fair the SNP send just as many up here.

The lib dems are still favourites to hold onto your seat at the moment, although the SNP are near enough evens. I'm actually surprised that auld Chic gets as much traction as he does, because he doesn't appear to do much at Westminster for his constituents.

Charlie Kennedy loves a leaflet. Think we get one a week. All of them binned. To be fair the SNP send just as many up here.

We got another fkn newspaper from Danny Alexander today. He must be spending a fortune, after the much ridiculed Women's Realm type cringefest he sent out a couple of weeks ago. Small punchy issue based stuff from the SNP.

He talks more about devolved issues in his leaflets than anything to do with Westminster. The SNP candidate is all over the place holding local meetings, not seen Charlie once. He was spotted in Fort William the other day by a friend buying a litre of Glens.

He talks more about devolved issues in his leaflets than anything to do with Westminster. The SNP candidate is all over the place holding local meetings, not seen Charlie once. He was spotted in Fort William the other day by a friend buying a litre of Glens.

That's an absolute holocaust of a campaign to run. Murphy tried the same with Labour and it just doesn't work - I think the electorate are generally a bit too savvy for that.

I've been out 2-3 nights each week for the past month leafleting in my SNP branch area. We've delivered the tartan benches, introduction to our candidate and NHS leaflets, as well as consultation letters addressed to everyone on the electoral register. Though other branches in the constituency still haven't collected their batch of introduction leaflets.

The friend or Charlie :angel

I was in FW on Saturday getting a tan on the top of Annoch Mor.

SNP were busy in the town.

I wish the parties round here decided not to leaflet. One a week at least from the two big parties in the constituency. It's the paper they print them on. I'll come home from work and as soon as I've opened the door I can smell the fuckers. Must be the cheapest, shitest paper.

Course it does, all these people will be out canvassing.

Typically abusive cybernat tho. Well done confirming the stereotype.

Our small branch has quadrupled the number of canvassers out from what we had during referendum and we have about 6 times as many leafletters.

If you don't want called an idiot don't write idiotic things.

Archived