Dunfermline v Morton - Saturday 28th March 2015

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the shout earlier that we will probably revert to a back four again. Would replace Martin with Spence as i reckon we will need an extra player in the middle for this one. With El Bak and Hopkirk in the wide areas, we have decent pace to support either Allan or Barrowman up top.

Scully

Millen/Buchanan/McAusland/Whittle

El Bak/Falkingham/Geggan/Spence/Hopkirk

Allan or Barrowman

I'd leave Jamie McLuskey on the bench. Too much of a sand dancer. All those step overs slow us down. May be a decent sub later in a game, but I'd rather we started with Pepper (even though he's not been great recently). Forbes was excellent yesterday, but he needs more help. Michael Miller had his best game that I've seen.

I'd leave Jamie McLuskey on the bench. Too much of a sand dancer. All those step overs slow us down. May be a decent sub later in a game, but I'd rather we started with Pepper (even though he's not been great recently). Forbes was excellent yesterday, but he needs more help. Michael Miller had his best game that I've seen.

Pepper twisted his knee, he will probably miss out again. McKee also most likely out for another few weeks with that bad head injury.

ETA- I agree regarding Miller, I thought he was good. Won a lot of tackles. Misplaced a few passes but in general had a decent game.

Can't wait to see another tactical masterclass from Duffy. O'Ware on Falkingham again Jim, no other gameplan Jim?

Seemed to work fine the past three games between the clubs.

We are absolute horse shite. Four game unbeaten run doesn't tell you the whole story. One of them was a point salvaged at home to the team sitting rock bottom of the table, the other two victories against Stenhousemuir and Ayr we scraped past them. We play the way we do against teams that are semi-decent and we will get scudded, which seems to have been the story of the season.

But hopefully the pressure is getting to Morton now, their arse collapses and we get away with a draw. That would be a good result.

I don't think the pressure is getting to us. We're just not very good, and our manager is a dumpling. We were a shade fortunate yesterday. No idea how we will play next week.

I don't think the pressure is getting to us. We're just not very good, and our manager is a dumpling. We were a shade fortunate yesterday. No idea how we will play next week.

Turn up and be organised. Just be organised and keep daft mistakes to a minimum and you'll leave EEP with 3 points. We can't deal and adapt with teams being compact.

To be fair to jd - his signings have been very good ( particularly in January obviously) He's assembled a formidable group of players who should be doing much better. We must be the envy of the league in that respect.

It's like having a 10" dong (I'm guessing) with absolutely no idea what to do with it. :unsure:

To be fair to jd - his signings have been very good ( particularly in January obviously) He's assembled a formidable group of players who should be doing much better. We must be the envy of the league in that respect.

It's like having a 10" dong (I'm guessing) with absolutely no idea what to do with it. :unsure:

I've never been lost for ideas. 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not Very Good Signings:

Miller

Kilday

Crighton

Milojevic

Pepper

S. McCluskey

J. McCluskey

Barrowman

Allan

Lamie

Scullion

Crawford

Adam

Possibly Very Good Signings

McManus

Peaso

Caldwell

Tidser

Forbes

Some more of those could be put on the 'possibly' list. Lamie is now beginning to confound his critics as he is definitely coming onto a game. Scullion is a promising wee player who was scoring loads in the development squad and scored in his second ? first team game but has been unlucky with injuries in any case. Dumbarton were keen to keep hold of Miller in the Championship and it's been stated time and again that (like others ) he's being played out of his best position (10" dong syndrome) Most of us would like to see Pepper in the first team - although he has been dropped quite a lot by JD and seems to be off the boil. the McCluskey's have a part to play in this season (despite them not being 'fans favourites ' they've chipped in with a good few goals/assists)

As I say... JD hasn't made the most of what he has available imo.

Archived