Dunfermline v Morton - Saturday 28th March 2015

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the former players' mafia say that it's never the case that players don't try but watching the highlights it's hard to see much effort or belief from Pars. So much seems to be done at walking pace. Losing possession or being skinned and then just standing still, rather than trying to win the ball back seems to be rife throughout the team. Scully is a loan player yet he's the only one that seems to get angry when we concede. Not even a flicker of anger or frustration from Buchanan and Geggan at the second goal.

They all need sent to a warm weather 'training' camp - in Syria preferably.

Some praise for our manager perhaps due.

I think Duffy is either a good scout, or has a good scouting team.

Which of our key players signed has required the particular efforts of a scout? You'd have to be a fool not to pick up MacDonald and Caldwell for this level when they were made available, never mind agreeing to the return of McManus. Gaston, O'Ware and Russell were already at the club.

Whoever got the hilarious Forbes for Barrowman swap on the table probably deserves a knighthood though, but on the basis of the dunce in the Dunfermline dugout's efforts so far, I suspect that the initiative came from them.

Which of our key players signed has required the particular efforts of a scout? You'd have to be a fool not to pick up MacDonald and Caldwell for this level when they were made available, never mind agreeing to the return of McManus. Gaston, O'Ware and Russell were already at the club.

Whoever got the hilarious Forbes for Barrowman swap on the table probably deserves a knighthood though, but on the basis of the dunce in the Dunfermline dugout's efforts so far, I suspect that the initiative came from them.

I don't know about the rest but MacDonald and Tidser were signed by Rae.

I haven't read the full three but the saddest thing for me about Saturday was that at the second and third goals, there was an acceptance and resignation of how woeful we are and that the result was a formality. In days goneby, if we've gone 3-0 down at home in such a meek manner there'd be fans going ballistic over it, but people seemed to just shrug their shoulders and head for the exits.

Credit to Morton who were good and deserved to win but we were shocking. Absolutely shocking. Barely a shot on goal, at home, is diabolical and the defending for the second and third goals was especially awful. The fourth is a good hit but where on earth is the challenge? Why aren't any of our players trying to get close to the boy? The first goal is a bad mistake as well but at least at 1-0 you have a chance of recovering. When the second went in it was game over, particularly as you could tell the players thought that from their body language.

We have a squad of players who aren't as good as what we may have thought at the start of the season, and sadly the statistics don't lie. We haven't beaten anyone outwith the bottom three since September. And that was against eight-man Peterhead. That sums it up.

The season can't end quickly enough tbh. Though I'll still be at Peterhead next week.

Archived