The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

So a midfield two, who had one player worse than McLaughlin and, by your logic, fell further than McLaughlin by dropping straight to junior from the premier league (on loan from St Mirren) the following season was better because of the inclusion of a nineteen year old who left to play in the 6th tier of English football the next year? bearing in mind both teams got relegated

The blind hatred of McLaughlin runs deep in some followers of Ayr

Comparing Tomsett and McLaughlin is ridiculous. Tomsett in his spell at Ayr was a far superior player than McLaughlin. McCann made McLaughlin look better than what he was, and maybe that would have worked with Geggan for him if he had stayed as Geggan was a similar type of player to McCann.

It seems to me you just can't handle the fact people didn't rate Scott.

Comparing Tomsett and McLaughlin is ridiculous. Tomsett in his spell at Ayr was a far superior player than McLaughlin. McCann made McLaughlin look better than what he was, and maybe that would have worked with Geggan for him if he had stayed as Geggan was a similar type of player to McCann.

It seems to me you just can't handle the fact people didn't rate Scott.

I didn't, you did.....twice

I don't care if you don't rate Scott, But to suggest his whole time at Ayr he was terrible is wrong considering he was streets ahead of some of the other guff that have passed through the doors (and some still there) also saying Reid "had his number" like it was a masterstroke by him, for him then to struggle the whole of the following season to put together a decent midfield leading to the ultimate relegation

Just because Morten fans tell you a player is crap doesn't mean he is crap

I didn't, you did.....twice

I don't care if you don't rate Scott, But to suggest his whole time at Ayr he was terrible is wrong considering he was streets ahead of some of the other guff that have passed through the doors (and some still there) also saying Reid "had his number" like it was a masterstroke by him, for him then to struggle the whole of the following season to put together a decent midfield leading to the ultimate relegation

Just because Morten fans tell you a player is crap doesn't mean he is crap

While we were struggling to put together a decent midfield, Scott was part of the problem in a dreadful midfield that ended up finishing below us and performed so well he went from the first division to division 3 and in a short period of time found himself out of the team at that level.

He then came back and graced us with his wonderful ability <_<

It doesn't matter how they perform after leaving Ayr, by that logic you could write off Moffats whole time at Ayr because hes not performed in an under-performing Dunfermline team.

McLauglin did absolutely nothing wrong in his first spell at Ayr and did well alongside McCann, both players left and neither progressed any higher than Ayr.

In his second spell he helped steady the ship after the horrors of Sinclair and McStay but had been involved in an Ayr set up rivaling the days of the two Rabs and Stainrod, McGovern has been poor most of the season, Gilmour I doubt will ever start for Ayr again, Donald has been a fraction of the player he was the previous two years, all to a point where the best performers in the team have been graduates of the youth academy.

But somehow McLaughlin was public enemy number one.

I wasn't sad or disappointed that McLaughlin left but I wouldn't have been sad if any of the other senior players left either from one of the worst Ayr teams in living memory but for some reason they have avoided the pitchforks and baying mob.

A new week, a new podcast - this time with Queen of the South's Iain Russell - CLICK.

"But Queens aren't even in this division!" the hecklers cry. Alas! The striker talks about his career from the start, including his time at Brechin, Morton and Stirling, so there's a little bit of fun for all of us.

Another top boy too, really enjoyed speaking with him.

All thoughts and feedback welcomed.

A new week, a new podcast - this time with Queen of the South's Iain Russell - CLICK.

"But Queens aren't even in this division!" the hecklers cry. Alas! The striker talks about his career from the start, including his time at Brechin, Morton and Stirling, so there's a little bit of fun for all of us.

Another top boy too, really enjoyed speaking with him.

All thoughts and feedback welcomed.

I honestly laughed when I saw Iain Russell was next up. Can I suggest Andy Millen next?

You should encourage more of your interviewees to give out solid mixtape advice.

For your next Morton based podcast. Peter Weatherson would be good value seeing as he managed to outlast so many comings and goings.

I haven't had a chance to listen to McLaughlin or Russell yet, but not surprised if either of them think Irons is a dick: McLaughlin was dropped and released soon as soon as Irons had the opportunity, while Russell was pretty much scapegoated during our no wins in nine beginning of the 08/09 season and didn't get a start for months.

He's not managing in the division just yet, but he'll be here next term - it's a new podcast with Albion Rovers player-manager Darren Young!

Have a listen here - CLICK.

(Edited to add - we didn't even discuss Morton.)

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Francesc Fabregas, on 23 Apr 2015 - 20:27, said:

He's not managing in the division just yet, but he'll be here next term - it's a new podcast with Albion Rovers player-manager Darren Young!

Have a listen here - CLICK.

(Edited to add - we didn't even discuss Morton.)

Haven't had time to listen yet but does he mention his horrible spell at Dens at all?

Enjoyed Iain Russell interview. McLaughlin or Irons have been the best ones so far.

Seeing as they need some sort of Morton connection can we get Martin Hardie soon? He's a lower league legend.

I think there's only one sort of interview Martin Hardie has been undertaking in the past few months.