The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Keep it clean lads, this is a thread to talk about red-hot interviews with lower-league superstars! So take your bickering elsewhere!

Get Sir Andy Geggan on the show and its a deal. He'll have a fair few stories to tell

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Get Sir Andy Geggan on the show and its a deal. He'll have a fair few stories to tell

He's definitely someone I want to talk to but Paddy Boyle played in the same Dumbarton and Ayr United team as him, so we'll maybe hang off for a couple of months before asking him if he fancies coming in.

16 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Have you read any of Danny Denholm's blogs Cesc? Think he would be an intelligent and thoughtful guest 

I've already spoken to Danny and he's keen to do it, we just need to sort out a date - it'll probably be sometime during the school holidays.

His blogs are very good, I really enjoy reading them.

Another great interview with Parry. I didn't know he had welched on a verbal agreement with Rovers- if I'm honest it doesn't matter. That season when he was with Airdrie he was outstanding against Rovers and the single reason we couldn't beat them that season. Good big keeper.

I've already spoken to Danny and he's keen to do it, we just need to sort out a date - it'll probably be sometime during the school holidays.

Have you considered telling people who you are due to interview a few days before hand? I get that sometimes this might not be possible if the timing is short notice or likely to change and you have a few people helping you out on players careers etc but I'm sure no matter who you interview they'll be a few people that have stories/quotes from their career that could be of interest.

Obviously you'll need to filter out the inevitable 'why are you so shite/good/a dick'

Have you considered telling people who you are due to interview a few days before hand? I get that sometimes this might not be possible if the timing is short notice or likely to change and you have a few people helping you out on players careers etc but I'm sure no matter who you interview they'll be a few people that have stories/quotes from their career that could be of interest.

Obviously you'll need to filter out the inevitable 'why are you so shite/good/a dick'

Aye, could even have a wee fans question section at the end. 2/3 questions that folk have tweeted in, could be some decent stories that supporters of only certain clubs really know.

On 6/15/2018 at 09:20, Lurkst said:

On 6/14/2018 at 23:35, Francesc Fabregas said:

Looking forward to that, have you gave Martin Hardie a shout? 

On 6/16/2018 at 01:20, Armand 2 said:

Enjoying the return of the podcast - great stuff from @Francesc Fabregas.

Steven Craig would be a great guest - fairly varied career with promotions, relegations, administration, playing in England, getting to Scottish Cup final, etc.

As petty as this may sound I'm genuinely not interested by players careers in England, or who have spent a decent amount of time in the top tier, all about listening to the lower league "jobbers". 

Edited by Grant228

Enjoying the return of the podcast - great stuff from [mention=3060]Francesc Fabregas[/mention].
Steven Craig would be a great guest - fairly varied career with promotions, relegations, administration, playing in England, getting to Scottish Cup final, etc.
I would love to know why he was so awful when he joined us from Wycombe. Always hard to know if there's some stuff going on off the park that could be effecting perfirmances on it, it may well have been that his legs had just completely gone but Wycombe fans seemed to really rate him.

I thought he'd be an excellent signing for us but he was absolutely brutal and was swiftly punted to Forfar IIRC.

As petty as this may sound I'm genuinely not interested by players careers in Scotland, or who have spent a decent amount of time in the top tier, all about listening to the lower league "jobbers". 

Agree. The life of a part time player is much more interesting for me.

Cesc > Si Ferry.

Although I’m a big fan of his stuff too

East Fife midfielder and lower-league icon Mark Docherty joins this week's Pelé Podcast.

This is absolutely brilliant. I was nearly crying with laughter during some of his stories.

In part one he talks about his time in St Mirren's youth teams, his spells with Stirling Albion and Brechin City, and his two sensational years with Alloa Athletic. Some pretty moving stuff in here too.

Top boy, is Sparky.

CLICK

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 01:20, Armand 2 said:

Enjoying the return of the podcast - great stuff from @Francesc Fabregas.

Indeed, and Sons fans would love to know where he was whilst a body double masqueraded in a Dumbarton strip a couple of years back :o