Stirling Albion v Peterhead

This Saturday the Albion face Peterhead at Forthbank. This gives us the chance to get our 1st home win of the season.

Given the result on Tuesday night against Stranraer, I hope we will be able to get something from this game.

Difficult game in prospect against the Blue Toon, hopefully Gordon Smith is dropped from the starting lineup for the Albion and Sandy Cunningham is given the chance up front with Lewis Coult who ran his socks off on Tuesday night but did not get any help from Gordon Smith, so a change is needed up front.

Prediction Stirling Albion 1 Peterhead 1

Who knows with the way this league is going. I would expect us to win but we do struggle to keep a clean sheet so could go either way. Our last two performances have been good after the first 15/20 mins so if we can keep a clean sheet until half time I would expect us to go on and win.

Who knows with the way this league is going. I would expect us to win but we do struggle to keep a clean sheet so could go either way. Our last two performances have been good after the first 15/20 mins so if we can keep a clean sheet until half time I would expect us to go on and win.

If you score first I expect you will win, if we can score first then who knows what might happen, could even win our 1st home game of the season stranger things might happen.

Well it's been a long time in the coming but we have finally got our 1st home win of the season against Peterhead.

Feared the worse after going 1 -0 down to a free kick from Rory McAllister that took a deflection and trundled into the net, but we hit backed quickly and got level. Had a few chances but it was level at half time.

2nd half Peterhead were the better team but a combination of a great save from Calum Reidford and the bar saving us we managed to hang on and got the winner from Andy Stirling 6 minutes before the end.

Given the fact that Ayr lost today the points gap is now 10 points and with 6 games to go, can we pull off a miracle and avoid relegation, it's debatable but we can only give it a try and if we fail then so be it.

Difficult game next week away to Forfar, have to try and get something.

How many times this season have we cursed our luck.

I thought it was going to be more of the same when McAllisters free kick took a wicked deflection past Reidford.

Second half we certainly got a few breaks and Reidford was outstanding.

I'd love to think we could go on a run and close the gap but I think it's too late.

Delighted for Andy Stirling. Good player who hasn't seemed to get the breaks this season.

If there's one criticism from his time at Stranraer it's that he didn't score enough.

Stirling have a great addition there.

Some twat of a 'Heid fan tried to noise me up about the Cox "incident" and how Stirling fans were a bunch of ..........

Now, not being one for allowing hypocrisy to go unchallenged, there was a racist remark shouted from a Peterhead fan to the Stirling physio during the game. I shall be taking no lessons from Peterhead fans on behaviour thank you very much.

can you explain why fans around you were abusing cox right until he came off!!

Archived