The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Interesting to see you are as optimistic as I am! On paper we look in a strong position but our games to the split are pretty horrendous.

I had a perception that Killie were doing much better under Locke ( which relatively speaking you are) but I was shocked to see you've only won 4 in your last 20 games.

*geek post*

While I'm here - I'm a football manager fanatic and snapped up Rory Mckenzie on my latest game. After failing to play him and punting him to perms diddies St Mirren he got shit and gave up any hope of playing for Scotland, at which point he turned to his second nation - Trinidad and Tobago??!!

Football manager is generally spot in with this sort of stuff - is this true?!

If so I imagine should his Scotland prospects diminish he will need to seriously consider whether shower time with the T&T boys is something he can deal with!

post-32505-14272075262991_thumb.jpg

*geek post*

While I'm here - I'm a football manager fanatic and snapped up Rory Mckenzie on my latest game. After failing to play him and punting him to perms diddies St Mirren he got shit and gave up any hope of playing for Scotland, at which point he turned to his second nation - Trinidad and Tobago??!!

If so I imagine should his Scotland prospects diminish he will need to seriously consider whether shower time with the T&T boys is something he can deal with!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427207525.427574.jpg

He did spend time living in Trinidad as a kid 'cos he was a pretty great golfer, and had to choose between football and golf. I'm taking over from craigkillie in doing the FM research for Kilmarnock so will ask him and get back to you.

I reckon our already slim chance for top six is away now. I'm alright finishing in the bottom six as I reckon we've a decent chance of finishing tap o' the shite and we'll get some good away days to boot.

Decent piece QLP, appreciate you cant go into too much detail on a short article, but yes, i totally agree that MJ failed miserably to build on the success as you say.

There seems to be a bit more of a buzz on Saturdays with kids entertainment and obviously the 3G pitch is helping with loads of kids playing at RP every Saturday morning.

Maybe the new dawn is finally being ushered in albeit at a slower rate of pace than most would prefer.

*geek post*

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427207525.427574.jpg

Granny is from T&T so its true. He's a regular Wesley Snipes right enough...

Locke looks a cert now and probably deservedly so. I wasn't convinced at first but results have been good, he talks well and his views on community activities and youth academy were encouraging. Players speak very highly of him as well.

Jim Mann was excellent last night as well speech was all about moving on from mistakes of the past and laying out plans for future - all very encouraging. Now we have a board with an impressive background hopefully they are given time and support to achieve their plans don't allow their hatred of MJ to hold us back.