The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I think that Dicker has been a huge loss for us, he is exactly the type of player we have been missing in there.
Hopefully Findlay and Greer can form a decent partnership to keep Broadfoot out the team.
Erwin has looked decent in spells, he needs to be starting instead of Boyd.
I agree with getting rid of the pitch. I don't give a shit that we are getting money from rugby, netball, kids games, or whatever else is getting played on it, it needs to go.

We don't even get the Rugby money anymore, Glasgow Warriors now have their own 3G pitch....

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We don't even get the Rugby money anymore, Glasgow Warriors now have their own 3G pitch....

Majority of the rugby money was from Scotland. That is still a possibility as Scotstoun is too small to host internationals. When Scotland have autumn tests against teams level of Tonga, Georgia, Romania, (i.e. teams that wouldn't sell well at murrayfield) we'll still get the opportunity i would think.

Similarly for Big european ties for Glasgow in the future. 

1 hour ago, KillieCon said:

I think that Dicker has been a huge loss for us, he is exactly the type of player we have been missing in there.

Hopefully Findlay and Greer can form a decent partnership to keep Broadfoot out the team.

Erwin has looked decent in spells, he needs to be starting instead of Boyd.

I agree with getting rid of the pitch. I don't give a shit that we are getting money from rugby, netball, kids games, or whatever else is getting played on it, it needs to go.

Spot on.

Unrelated post. Does anyone remember a Charles Adams playing for Kilmarnock? I have seen this weeks local newspaper saying "ex-killie" but I have no recollection of him ever playing for either first team or reserves? Can anyone help? 

I remember him but don't think he ever played a 1st team game for us, last time I saw Chico play was for Irvine Meadow about 5/6 yrs ago. I can't remember if he joined the Medda from Glenafton or joined Glens after he left Medda thou. 

Hi, Killie season ticket holders get in to Hurlford United West Premier League matches at Blair Park for £3 (on production of a 2017/18 season card); something to consider on international weekends or if you don't fancy the long trek to Dingwall. Bar in the ground open pre- and post-match and at HT. First home match is against Beith on Saturday, 19th August (more Fixture details on www.hurlfordunited.com).

Just a wee reminder on the international weekend of the Killie season ticket deal at Hurlford.

For non-season ticketers its £6 (still a bargain). Pie and a bovril is £2.50 or a burger and onions for £1.80 and beer is £2 or £2.50. Cheap day out for less than a tenner or throw in couple of pre match drinks and one at HT and your still less than £20.

Bar in the ground will be open by the time you read this.

Playing Arthurlie today. KO 2pm.

Last season's league two matches had ten goals (5:4 and 0:1) and two red cards.

On 9/1/2017 at 17:09, THEMOLE91 said:

Unrelated post. Does anyone remember a Charles Adams playing for Kilmarnock? I have seen this weeks local newspaper saying "ex-killie" but I have no recollection of him ever playing for either first team or reserves? Can anyone help? 

Charlie joined at the same time as Mark Roberts, both having played in the same Kilmarnock Academy team.

Don't think he started any games and left for Partick where his claim to fame was being quoted as the best looking player in the game.

He played for a number of junior clubs before retiring and is now a PE teacher at the Grange.

Really nice guy who I always thought would have had a more successful career. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Charlie joined at the same time as Mark Roberts, both having played in the same Kilmarnock Academy team.

Don't think he started any games and left for Partick where his claim to fame was being quoted as the best looking player in the game.

He played for a number of junior clubs before retiring and is now a PE teacher at the Grange.

Pretty sure his brother was a regular for Kilmarnock RFC also. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Your absolutely right mate. He did help out the youth teams at one point.