The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Killie fans kidding on they're Barcelona.

Ayr fans wishing they were Killie.

It's brilliant being the big team.

Dont think ive ever heard killie described as a big team. Heard plenty of folk from killie wishing they lived in Ayr though.

14 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

One of the boys met him in the Sports Bar at Xmas, he was on the Peroni that day lol.

P.S. He's left his tomato too mate....

Now Mr Kiltie you know the importance of your 5 a day don't you ? emoji12.png lol.

Leaving his tomato should see him docked a week's wages. Maybe tomato contains something that prevents you being made of glass

Taylor, Wilson and Frizzell are in the starting line up against Brazil in the Toulon Tournament....

Taylor scores a peach from just inside the box after 36 mins, set up by Oliver Burke....

62 mins in still 1-0 Scotland [emoji106]

1 hour ago, ftk said:

Killie fans kidding on they're Barcelona again emoji38.png

A*r fans thinking that you'd need be as good as Barcelona to win the Scottish League Cup :1eye. Explains your massive lack of success over the years.

Minter.

A*r fans thinking that you'd need be as good as Barcelona to win the Scottish League Cup :1eye. Explains your massive lack of success over the years.

Minter.

Another one [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Seems like Coulibaly had a bit of a tough time of it in Egypt.
DBfl3BXXgAArYUt.jpg

"He hinted that he'd be open to a Killie return when he retweeted one follower this evening who said: 'Sad it never worked out for you Souley.. Killie will always welcome you back!'"

(Record)

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

"He hinted that he'd be open to a Killie return when he retweeted one follower this evening who said: 'Sad it never worked out for you Souley.. Killie will always welcome you back!'"

(Record)

I don't think that has any relevance. He was getting a barrage of abuse from the Egyptians and was retweeting any message of support he got. 

I don't think that has any relevance. He was getting a barrage of abuse from the Egyptians and was retweeting any message of support he got. 

It"ll all depend on what action FIFA take, if any, at the end of the day of course......

Feel quite sorry for Coulibaly. Even though Scottish football gets a bit of a bad rap at least we treat players pretty well for the most part. There have been plenty of horror stories like this from the Middle East and places like Turkey before.

Hopefully we've been paid.

93244e992228a0a3cd7db9300c4f1668.jpg

The Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to confirm Lee McCulloch has been appointed as first team Manager. Lee has been acting as Interim Manager since February, successfully leading the team to finish in 8th place in the Premiership. Lee’s appointment will take effect immediately.

Following his appointment, Lee stated, “I am thrilled to be taking on the role of Manager at Kilmarnock. I have gained invaluable experience at the Club, both as Assistant Manager and Interim Manager, and believe I am ready to take on the challenges of a Premiership Manager I am extremely grateful to have loyal, committed players and coaching staff, as well as the support of the Board, staff and fans”.

Director, Billy Bowie, added, “This is an excellent appointment for the Club. Lee has gained the respect of everyone associated with Kilmarnock FC and we are delighted to be going forward with Lee as Manager. I would urge fans to get behind Lee and the team as we enter an exciting new season”.

Lee McCulloch says Kilmarnock will feel like a new club from top to bottom next season as he was unveiled as manager on a permanent basis.

The former Rugby Park defender took temporary charge of the club in February when Lee Clark left to join Bury.

He steered them to Scottish Premiership survival as they moved away from the relegation zone and finished the season in eighth place on 41 points.

The former Scotland international has now been tasked with improving on last year's achievements and believes the right additions to the team can bring back supporters in their droves.

McCulloch said: "It's definitely going to be a new club next year. There's going to be a lot of changes from top to bottom.

"Even about the stadium there's going to be changes; there's changes in the team, there's going to be a vast amount of changes.

"So it's going to seem like a little bit of a different club. As long as we can get the right players on the pitch I'm hopeful there'll be a flock of fans coming back.

"One thing I will say is that the team will be giving everything they've got every single week."

In terms of new additions McCulloch is reportedly interested in signing his former Rangers teammate Kirk Broadfoot from Rotherham.

The manager could also look to bring back Kristoffer Ajer and Souleymane Coulibaly to Rugby Park.

Defender Ajer spent the second half of last season on loan from league champions Celtic while Coulibaly was sold to Al Ahly for just under £1m.

However the striker recently walked out of the Egyptian side and issued a statement claiming he was being treated like a slave.

McCulloch said: "It's a bit of a pity but he was always an honest boy when he was here. I don't know the full situation just about the sort of statement that he's put out.

"I feel for him. Hopefully common sense prevails and he gets what he wants.

[if he becomes unattached] then I'll speak to him. I was quite close to him when he was here and I'll speak to him, but I imagine he'll have others speaking to him as well."

He added: "I think I'll probably speak to Celtic in the next couple of days as they're not away at this stage.

"I'll be looking to contact Celtic and see what [Ajer's] situation is."

(STV)

22 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Hope we've got all our money 

To be fair he was signed by them in the January transfer window so you must have got paid or he wouldn't have been allowed to play in Egypt.  Even if you hadn't actually paid it was money which probably hadn't been budgeted for by killie so wouldn't have affected anything 

52 minutes ago, third lanark said:

To be fair he was signed by them in the January transfer window so you must have got paid or he wouldn't have been allowed to play in Egypt.  Even if you hadn't actually paid it was money which probably hadn't been budgeted for by killie so wouldn't have affected anything 

most fees are paid in instalments, will have got the first no doubt, but f**k knows about the rest