The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Good bit of business for a player you signed for free just a few months ago, was reading that his wages are jumping from around 40k to 800k with this move.

According to the DR you've agreed a 25% sell on fee if they sell him in the future, not bad.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Lol, are you financing "a few hundred grand" then?... Incase you haven't heard, we have no money emoji106.png

We don't owe money to any institution. The "loans" we have are effectively unofficial directors soft loans which do not have a repayment schedule - if they are happy to extend those then some the rumoured £1m(ish) for both players could be diverted to buying someone quite easily. What would cost us more in the long run, £300,000 or so for a player or relegation to the inevitable abyss of the championship?

Anyway, I don't expect this to happen, I was merely bouncing the idea for discussion. I expect us to either loan a player we've never heard of or find an overweight, out of work, bosman. Good times to be alive.

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

Are you getting money for Jamie Macdonald? Unbelievable piece of business if so! 

Rumoured to be a couple of hundred grand. He's a great back up keeper for them if true. Allegedly, Gilks is offski and they are looking to replace him.

4 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

So who are you going to buy from the Newcastle dev team?

I will miss getting to shout JAMIEEEE if he's gone :(

This really weakens Killie if both transfers go through.. can you fluke another competent keeper and goal scoarer?

On the goalie front, we appear to be sorted after securing the Engurland under 21 keeper Freddie Woodman on loan. He looked not bad on his debut. Fluking a striker might be more difficult unless Dools wants to come home?

So who are you going to buy from the Newcastle dev team?

I will miss getting to shout JAMIEEEE if he's gone [emoji20]
This really weakens Killie if both transfers go through.. can you fluke another competent keeper and goal scoarer?

Woodman is already here from Newcastle till the end of the season, very highly rated at St Jamie's Park and nearing their 1st team squad apparently.

As for a striker, at least LC has a week to sort out someone... Time will tell I guess.

43 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

A good bit of business for someone but unlikely to benefit the team. Even if LC was given money to spend I wouldn't trust him to spend it wisely, I'm sorry to say.

He was wise enough to sign a million pound player on a free in the summer.

No way we could turn down that sort of money from Coulibaly.  He's scored some brilliant and important goals, but his all-round game is pretty limited, and he could just as easily have gone on to score only once or twice more before the end of the season.  We definitely need to look at bringing in someone with a bit of calibre to replace him - Boyd and Tyson until the end of the season doesn't sound promising, and we're not in a place to gamble on a young loanee up front.

The Coulibaly situation is quite similar to what happened with Conor Sammon.

You have to take the money and run.