The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

What a boost to our midfield it'll be, just in time for the split, to get Brad back fit.

Never thought I'd say that 18 months ago.

Edited by C4mmy31

9 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

What a boost to our midfield it'll be, just in time for the split, to get Brad back fit.

Love Brad.

Lyons (like Magennis) slightly forgotten about due to the continued good form however he was definitely in the running for player of the season before he got injured.

Can’t wait to see some more of those sexy whipped crosses 😍😍.

Great to see Brad Lyons getting back to fitness, for me he encapsulates something that constantly cropped up in post game discussions with my mate.

During the relegation/ championship and last season we would obviously bemoan the poor quality of our play but we always came round to the fact that there were very few players during that time that we actually liked, it was a struggle to name our favourite player but this current squad is packed full of likeable guys who are playing well, it's still difficult to name our favourite player but that's because so many of them are in good form and having big moments in games, full credit to McInnes, he's recruited well and created a team spirit.

Lyons was a massive part of the team in the first half of the season and I was really worried things would fall apart a bit without him, especially if we didn't replace him (which we didn't). Therefore I'd say the other midfielders, especially Polworth and Donnelly, deserve a lot of credit for stepping up and taking on that responsibility.

37 minutes ago, CoF said:

Pure curiosity here, what's the latest on Van Veen? Is it still a fitness issue? 

He had a slight injury a couple of weeks back. I'd imagine a combination of that, match fitness and Vass and Watkins being #boxoffice are keeping him from the starting XI.