The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

So, err, looks like we could use new defenders :unsure:

I hear Findlay's doing well for you. Reckon he could do a job for us next year? Has to be better than Blackett at least?

Findlay is performing well for us, a sound loan signing. He's calm on the ball and likes a tackle too, fearless. This coming season will be significant to his development. On current form and also considering Celtic's atrocious defending of late, he would walk into their team.

What do Killie fans make of Lockes latest comments about expanding the Premiership?

Says the fans are bored seeing th same teams too often and would prefer 1 visit from each team in a bigger league.

I think most fans and players/coaches would agree. Especially now that the ugly sisters bring far fewer fans than they used to it would be an easier economic decision for the boards.

Unfortunately what we should have done to get this through is restructure the vote while we could have. The Ugly Sisters, once the blue version resurface, will just use their 2 votes to block any league reconstruction as they like the revenue from playing one another 15 times a season. Cockwamble would also try to talk about TV revenue/sponsorship on this basis too.

Personally, I think more managers need to start pushing for this.

I think most fans and players/coaches would agree. Especially now that the ugly sisters bring far fewer fans than they used to it would be an easier economic decision for the boards.

Unfortunately what we should have done to get this through is restructure the vote while we could have. The Ugly Sisters, once the blue version resurface, will just use their 2 votes to block any league reconstruction as they like the revenue from playing one another 15 times a season. Cockwamble would also try to talk about TV revenue/sponsorship on this basis too.

Personally, I think more managers need to start pushing for this.

Pretty sure the voting structure was changed to a 10-2 majority.

What do Killie fans make of Lockes latest comments about expanding the Premiership?

Says the fans are bored seeing th same teams too often and would prefer 1 visit from each team in a bigger league.

He and the players and fans can think that all they like.

Any chairman worth his salt will fight to keep it the way it is with potentially 2 home games against Celtic and maybe Rangers soon. If anything they would push for an end to the split to get those guaranteed 2 visits back.

I have it in my head Killie give the OF a huge allocation, so take away one of those games and replace them with Hamilton/raith/Falkirk/QOS and that's a huge financial loss.

Pretty sure the voting structure was changed to a 10-2 majority.

It is. When the blue bigots come back up they'll never vote for less OF games do they'll vote together.

He and the players and fans can think that all they like.

Any chairman worth his salt will fight to keep it the way it is with potentially 2 home games against Celtic and maybe Rangers soon. If anything they would push for an end to the split to get those guaranteed 2 visits back.

I have it in my head Killie give the OF a huge allocation, so take away one of those games and replace them with Hamilton/raith/Falkirk/QOS and that's a huge financial loss.

Because Rugby Park is stupidly big, Celtic and Rangers used to get 2 stands which is somewhere between 8'000 and 10'000 fans. They used to fill those seats but Celtic bring closer to 4000 now. (I'm not sure if they are still Bhoycotting for one of their stupid reasons). If we take one of these games away but get an extra couple of hundred season ticket holders because of a better product then surely that's what we are looking for rather than getting scraps passed down from the Ugly Sisters?

It is. When the blue bigots come back up they'll never vote for less OF games do they'll vote together.

Before it needed to be an 11-1 majority to pass any change. The OF always voted together and nothing ever changed but now it is 10-2 so their opinion matters not a jot provided the other 10 stick together.

Before it needed to be an 11-1 majority to pass any change. The OF always voted together and nothing ever changed but now it is 10-2 so their opinion matters not a jot provided the other 10 stick together.

Aaah. Me see. Let's vote for them both to be dismantled and buried for good.

Because Rugby Park is stupidly big, Celtic and Rangers used to get 2 stands which is somewhere between 8'000 and 10'000 fans. They used to fill those seats but Celtic bring closer to 4000 now. (I'm not sure if they are still Bhoycotting for one of their stupid reasons). If we take one of these games away but get an extra couple of hundred season ticket holders because of a better product then surely that's what we are looking for rather than getting scraps passed down from the Ugly Sisters?

Every football fan in the country will agree with you on this. Not a single chairman though.

We've lost season ticket holders at dens this season due to a board decision to increase the prices (massively in some cases - kids and oaps)

End result, less fans in the ground but more money in the bank. It's shite and I wish they would see the light but it's a business to most chairman and will be run as such.

Every football fan in the country will agree with you on this. Not a single chairman though.

We've lost season ticket holders at dens this season due to a board decision to increase the prices (massively in some cases - kids and oaps)

End result, less fans in the ground but more money in the bank. It's shite and I wish they would see the light but it's a business to most chairman and will be run as such.

Spot on bud. It should be a decision that boards would find easy to make if they weren't just concerned with short term thinking. They worry about cash flow rather than long term sustainability. My point was though that since the Bigot Brothers now bring less fans than they used to, the decision will be becoming easier than when they used to bring considerably more.

Spot on bud. It should be a decision that boards would find easy to make if they weren't just concerned with short term thinking. They worry about cash flow rather than long term sustainability. My point was though that since the Bigot Brothers now bring less fans than they used to, the decision will be becoming easier than when they used to bring considerably more.

The Ugly Sisters shouldn't be seen as any kind of revenue generator for anyone other than themselves. Any extra gate money is really negated by increased steward and police costs. We're a bit unusual, given the space we have for visitors, but neither, (in non-title clinching matches) have come close in recent years to the support the unwashed bring up the 77 when they draw Ayrshire's big team in a cup.

The Ugly Sisters shouldn't be seen as any kind of revenue generator for anyone other than themselves. Any extra gate money is really negated by increased steward and police costs. We're a bit unusual, given the space we have for visitors, but neither, (in non-title clinching matches) have come close in recent years to the support the unwashed bring up the 77 when they draw Ayrshire's big team in a cup.

The SPFL needs an A*rshire derby.

Findlay is performing well for us, a sound loan signing. He's calm on the ball and likes a tackle too, fearless. This coming season will be significant to his development. On current form and also considering Celtic's atrocious defending of late, he would walk into their team.

Just saw this, appreciate the response. Tierney has been our shining light this year, it would be good if we could produce more of our talent again. In the past we've had a tendency to recruit the best talent and then not give them a chance. Hopefully things have changed now under Deila.

A*r are obviously up in arms due to the Lord Lyon challenge to their badge. Apparently it was an Airdrie fan who reported them and they are quite upset with him. I may have remembered this wrongly but was it not an A*r citizen who famously reported our badge to the Lyon back in the day? I'm pretty certain that it was but not sure if this was just football conjecture.

Edited by killienick

A*r are obviously up in arms due to the Lord Lyon challenge to their badge. Apparently it was an Airdrie fan who reported them and they are quite upset with him. I may have remembered this wrongly but was it not an A*r citizen who famously reported our badge to the Lyon back in the day? I'm pretty certain that it was but not sure if this was just football conjecture.

I believe it was an Ayr fan that reported us in the early 90s.

Get it roon them.