The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I actually think once he gets a run of games with a settled defence, he'll be fine.  Must be tough being chucked in behind a changing defence towards the end of the season:

Hamilton: Simpson, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor

Aberdeen: O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Boyd, Findlay

Hibs: O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor

Edited by powerthirst
Spelling

To be fair, there was nothing he could have done for that one against Hamilton - made a few decent stops in that game as I recall.

He's a young goalkeeper who hasn't had many games in his career and that's probably pretty apparent in his game.  Great distance and accuracy from kick-outs, although he uses them too exclusively - lacks confidence to make a quick release.  Definitely made a couple of mistakes against Aberdeen and Hibs, and I'm not sorry to see him leave - but who knows, maybe he'll come good.

Remember thinking during that open training session that he looked weak at his near post, and then he went and did this ten days later:

But as others have said, he's still reasonably young (for a keeper), and made a couple of decent reaction saves in his appearances for us, so if he can work on his positioning he might come good.

Apologies for going off topic but I just read Souleymane Coulibaly has been fined 1.4m dollars and is banned from signing for any club until the fines paid. 

Suspect that's his career truly fucked. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apologies for going off topic but I just read Souleymane Coulibaly has been fined 1.4m dollars and is banned from signing for any club until the fines paid. 

https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5480-coulibally/

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Still signing for St Johnstone soon as per my source.

What is the price for Jones?
1 good season with Jones in the team will possibly increase prize money for us by 300k? Put on 500k for him being in the last year of his contract.

So, 800k? That's my guess

Hope you get as much as possibly for him but I reckon it will be about the £500k mark. Might get a bit more with his NI cap from the play offs under his belt. We got a similar amount to that plus a good sell on % with Marvin Johnston who I would say is a similar standard of player to Jones.

Moult was in January and we got a bit less than that with 6months on his contract.

I've been told SC has two players already signed from down south but they wont be revealed until 1st July. My source works within RP but nobody at the club has a name so far.......

Edited by C4mmy31

59 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I've been told SC has two players already signed from down south but they wont be revealed until 1st July. My source works within RP but nobody at the club has a name so far.......

As far as ITK brags go, this has to go down as pretty underwhelming Cammy. The overwhelming majority of our recent signings have arrived from South of the border...

3/10 - Must do better.