The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Former Chairman Michael Johnston has today resigned from his positions as a Director and the Company Secretary of Kilmarnock FC. He is also standing down from the Board of the Kilmarnock Community Sports Trust ("KCST") on which he represented the Club. 

Michael became a Director and the Company Secretary in 2002 and served as Chairman for ten years between 2005 and 2015 during which time the Club won its first League Cup in 2012, having also reached the final in 2007. 

When Michael took over as Chairman and majority shareholder the Club had around £13m of debt. Aided by a number of high value transfer fees which he personally negotiated, Michael gradually reduced this while maintaining the Club's competitive position in the top tier of Scottish league football. In March 2014 Michael completed a transformational restructuring of the Club's finances which delivered the arm’s length sale of The Park Hotel for full market value, with the proceeds going towards reducing the Club’s bank debt of £9m and Billy Bowie acquiring the balance of the bank debt and converting this into equity in the Club, combined with the permanent write-off by former Chairman Jamie Moffat of the balance of his loans to the Club, which originally totalled £1.8m. The outcome was the elimination of almost £11m of debt from the Club's balance sheet.

In the wake of that, Michael introduced a new Board of Directors and stood down as Chairman in 2015. He also formed KCST, a registered charity, to run the Club's community department in a more financially efficient manner. 

Michael commented: "It has been an honour to serve Kilmarnock FC in various capacities over the last fifteen years. I have been fortunate to meet so many interesting people through football and greatly enjoyed serving on the Council of the Scottish FA for over ten years and the Board of the Scottish Premier League during the historic amalgamation with the Scottish Football League in 2013. There have been many challenges to confront along the way and these have taken their toll on not only me but also my family, to whom I extend my heartfelt thanks for their unqualified support. The recent loss of my wife Joanne, who was my greatest source of inspiration and encouragement at all times, has prompted my decision to retire from all active duties at the club and I look forward to attending Rugby Park as a committed supporter in future, unburdened of the worries of the past. I wish Billy Bowie and John Kiltie the very best of luck and good judgement in running the Club, ably supported by Club Secretary Kirsten Callaghan who was a key member of staff during my time as Chairman. I also wish to record my thanks to all the members of staff, past and present, the shareholders and the supporters who have supported me and the Club so enthusiastically over the years. The Club is now in a healthy position to advance in Scottish football and register even greater success."

So..........now that a year without MJ has passed what is the verdict? Are we better off or not?

IMG_1963.jpg

I also wish to record my thanks to all the members of staff, past and present, the shareholders and the supporters who have supported me and the Club so enthusiastically over the years.'

What a patronising piece of shite...............................................................................................................................................

'I look forward to attending Rugby Park as a committed supporter in future, unburdened of the worries of the past.'

Hope he disny sit anywhere near me, the slimy b*****d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

Guest Moomintroll
Certainly a divisive figure, but how he was ever able to argue out an impaired debt us still a mystery to me - undoubtedly gave the club a second life.
He was, is, and evermore shall be an uberc**t of the highest order. However, credit where it is due, the deal he struck to remove the debt has helped the club massively.

Aye, the debt write-off was very timely, but I guess we can only wonder now whether someone with equal financial nous could have negotiated the same without alienating three-quarters of the town with a petty, bloody-minded insistence on being an arsehole. Glad he's not been seen anywhere near RP since he stood down.

Kilmarnock's season ticket sales are almost three times what they were 12 months ago - thanks to the feel-good factor brought back by manager Steve Clarke. "By Thursday, we'd sold 2,710 books, compared to just 1,016 at this time last year," says the club's commercial boss Christine Cuthbertson. "The job Steve has done has played a huge part in that." (Sunday Mail, print edition)

lol happilly. Like I say, we get it you don't like him but it becomes a bit tedious when you constantly make out hes a bad player.
5aeb10fdf0f38_Screenshot_20180502-120417_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.aec2bd855d0c764e3f6b2d394701c0c1.jpg
5aeb1119ba999_Screenshot_20180502-120429_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d19ec9efaafc74f8dd7195ed386923c2.jpg
5aeb112410f94_Screenshot_20180502-120446_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.39ada88f785d074edfa9a88ec0257c71.jpg

Thanks for that! Looks like there are three criticisms this season, doesn’t look like a lot too me. Doesn’t look like I’ve said much on here either.

Anyway, the praise he gets in midfield is over the top.

Kilmarnock Football Club can confirm the following players will depart the club at the conclusion of the 2017/18 season.

Club captain Steven Smith will leave Killie following three seasons with the club in which he made 60 appearances and scored three goals.

Brad Spencer, Alex Samizadeh and Leo Fasan have all departed Rugby Park as have Development Squad players Ursene Mouanda and Thomas Dempsie.

Loan players Aaron Tshibola (Aston Villa), Aaron Simpson (Wolverhampton Wanderers) and Jasko Keranovic (West Bromwich Albion) have all returned to their parent clubs.

Everyone at Kilmarnock Football Club would like to thank the players for their service and wish them all the best for the future.

Further players updates will be provided during the close season.

No mention of loanee Stuart Findlay leaving, I'm assuming he's signed and it's just to be announced officially......

PS it doesn't mention Mulumbu either 8)

Edited by C4mmy31

Kilmarnock FC is pleased to confirm our 2018/19 Scottish Premiership home shirt will be on sale online and in store on Friday, May 25.

The shirt campaign celebrates our proud tradition and history as well as looking forward to the future filled with evolution and triumph across our 150th anniversary celebrations in 2019.

You can show off your blue and white stripes in the sun on holiday and spread the word of the Killie revival across the globe.

The Killie Shop will open at 9am on Friday while The Killie Zone on Nelson Street will open at 10am. 

Shirt Prices

Adults £45 
Youths £40 
Juniors £36

Shorts Prices 

Adults £20 
Youths £17.50 
Juniors £16.50

Socks Prices - £8.50-£10 

Shirt printing is £14 for any name and number while over 18s can also have Ladbrokes SPFL sleeve patches added for £6 a pair.

17 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Kilmarnock Football Club can confirm the following players will depart the club at the conclusion of the 2017/18 season.

Club captain Steven Smith will leave Killie following three seasons with the club in which he made 60 appearances and scored three goals.

Brad Spencer, Alex Samizadeh and Leo Fasan have all departed Rugby Park as have Development Squad players Ursene Mouanda and Thomas Dempsie.

Loan players Aaron Tshibola (Aston Villa), Aaron Simpson (Wolverhampton Wanderers) and Jasko Keranovic (West Bromwich Albion) have all returned to their parent clubs.

Everyone at Kilmarnock Football Club would like to thank the players for their service and wish them all the best for the future.

Further players updates will be provided during the close season.

No mention of loanee Stuart Findlay leaving, I'm assuming he's signed and it's just to be announced officially......

PS it doesn't mention Mulumbu either 8)

Think that's the right decisions all round, although I'm surprised to see Mouanda leaving - I'd heard reasonable positive things about him.  Wouldn't be adverse to seeing all three loans returning next season.

And as you say....no mention of Mulumbu...

Happy enough with the League Cup draw, the Saints game gives us a good idea of how we are shaping up for the season ahead......

Group H 
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Dumbarton
Queens Park
Spartans

Spartans and Sons away please. Been to hampden and I feel the first game at home to St Mirren could bring in a real good crowd. IMO the perfect test to start the season off with high flyers coming into the league with high spirits. Just wish Jack Ross was still there for there to be a bigger test.

Do we think the Fow will take over fulltime? Would be great to see him get a good foothold in the league with them if im honest.

Edited by BlueKillie

8 hours ago, BlueKillie said:

Spartans and Sons away please. Been to hampden and I feel the first game at home to St Mirren could bring in a real good crowd. IMO the perfect test to start the season off with high flyers coming into the league with high spirits. Just wish Jack Ross was still there for there to be a bigger test.

Do we think the Fow will take over fulltime? Would be great to see him get a good foothold in the league with them if im honest.

Fowler is away to Sunderland as JR's assistant....