The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

47 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Just watched the highlights again, I don't know what needs to be done about Tshibola.  Admittedly, it's only a snapshot of the game - but goals 1 and 3 I think are preventable if he employs a bit more energy and commitment in his closing down.  I know it's rarely one person's fault, but this is something that I feel has been pretty observable in his game since he arrived.  You don't get time on the ball in Scotland, and there's an expectation that you can't give your opponents any either - I'm not sure how much it's going to take for him to learn this.

See also: G. Dicker.

That's just a tad too close to #bettertogether. [emoji6]

Do you post your Nationalist sh1te on here as well? With Scottish, English and other nationalities in the team, we are "Better Together" at Killie. SSC even prefers to live in England. Take a lesson from it.

9 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Do you post your Nationalist sh1te on here as well? With Scottish, English and other nationalities in the team, we are "Better Together" at Killie. SSC even prefers to live in England. Take a lesson from it.

See that wee smiley face? That means it is a joke. Wind your neck in.

Furthermore, if you can show me "posts of Nationalist sh1te" anywhere else, please do so.

9 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

f**k off mate, eh?

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:04, PauloPerth said:

Can you imagine a player Chelsea sign for their first team squad these days driving a Vauxhall cavalier?! How times have changed.

Saw a bit of the Clarke interview on football focus and can't say I'd be surprised if he was away in the summer going by what he said about missing his life down south and the "you never know where football will take you..  enjoying it here at the moment" type stuff.

Fancy a bet for charity that he'll be at RP for all of next season?

10 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

A humourless Unionist, fancy that...

10 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

SC also prefers to live in Saltcoats rather than Killie.

Funnily enough for the exact same reason why he misses living in England.....his wife, kids and grand wean live there, whilst his dad, sisters, brothers etc live in the Ayrshire Riviera.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fancy a bet for charity that he'll be at RP for all of next season?

No.

i have no clue what'll happen, was just picking up on what he said and thought he was leaving the door slightly open if a good offer did come in 

23 hours ago, Estragon said:

Just watched the highlights again, I don't know what needs to be done about Tshibola.  Admittedly, it's only a snapshot of the game - but goals 1 and 3 I think are preventable if he employs a bit more energy and commitment in his closing down.  I know it's rarely one person's fault, but this is something that I feel has been pretty observable in his game since he arrived.  You don't get time on the ball in Scotland, and there's an expectation that you can't give your opponents any either - I'm not sure how much it's going to take for him to learn this.

Personally I’d like to see Iain Wilson back in ahead of Tshibola. While Wilson is still learning the game and is filling out physically I think there is an excellent holding midfielder in the making.

I think I trust Steve Clarke's view on Gary Dicker rather than your constant criticism.   

Think it’s just the age old problem of “he could do X better but if he could he probably wouldn’t be playing at this level”.

1 hour ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Here’s something that should disgust Killie Nationalists :):) 

CC42289B-9EEF-4AF3-A749-448887D7D396.png

Would rather that than the likes of Rangers supporting Brian Donohoe who are bitter  b*****ds.

Plenty of vocal Killie supporting MPs/MSP's in the likes of Alan Brown, Willie Coffey etc.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

What's everyone's thoughts on areas of improvement/recruitment in the summer? Luckily our squad looks largely settled for the first time in a while, but I'd reckon a couple of centre halves, a couple of centre mids and a winger are probably the minimum requirement (assuming Mulumbu, Jones, Findlay and Tish are offski).

24 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

What's everyone's thoughts on areas of improvement/recruitment in the summer? Luckily our squad looks largely settled for the first time in a while, but I'd reckon a couple of centre halves, a couple of centre mids and a winger are probably the minimum requirement (assuming Mulumbu, Jones, Findlay and Tish are offski).

I think Jones and Findlay will sign extensions.

My shopping list would be;

• Back-up goalkeeper to replace Fasan.
  • Back-up RB & LB.
  • Centre-midfielder (probably the only signing who goes into the first XI)
  • Alex Schalk

13 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

whit2.jpg.30de9149736613faa14024858af3fa48.jpg

We should definitely be looking for quality over quantity this summer - we've seen already that Clarke is able to get a lot out of fairly limited players, but the performances of Jones and Mulumbu have been really important in elevating us to where we are.  The guys we've signed up already will provide the spine, but we still need at least a couple of difference makers.

I'd really like to keep Findlay, but that's looking a bit less likely with every passing week that he doesn't sign up.  If he does go then we'll definitely need to replace him with another younger option at centre-back.  Assuming Greer leaves, we'll also need another body to play centre-back.

We're short of cover at full-back, so at least one guy who can cover both positions (similar to Simpson) would be helpful.

In central midfield, we need at least another one player, possibly two if Clarke doesn't fancy Frizzell/Wilson as options.  Even though he's not always been great, I'd probably take Tshibola if he was available permanently - you can see little flashes of quality here and there and I think he could grow into things once he gets used to the league.

A really dynamic wide player is essential if Jones leaves, and we could probably do with another one to replace Burke, especially with McKenzie mainly being used centrally.  Kiltie will hopefully be raring to go next year, but we still need another body.

Up front we're probably all set unless Brophy or Erwin leaves, but of course if a really high quality player became available I'd expect us to go for it.